The Mandate

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carriage

Reaction score
Folk always try to "interpret" the mandate such voting results seem to say and make. Rarely does either side get any of these things right. Rather we see twisted interpretations as to what personal agenda either side desires, but never the clear message that we the people send every time.

Perhaps this time will be no different, but I have heard smatterings here and there and from as unlikely sources as cnn. Will it be picked up, realized and then reported? Time as always, will tell.

Now some of the attentive will have heard it even though they were never told what it was by their respective news outlets. But I would like to tell you of it to be sure that you do know.

Here is the real mandate.

53% of Democrats do not like or trust their party anymore

56% of Republicans do not like or trust their party any more

I have been waiting for this clear and concise mandate to reveal itself for many years. In reality it has been present for some time now. However, both media and the parties really don't want this to be publicly realized and for obvious reasons, primarily survival. When a re-pub hack publicly states that they must "gain control of the voting mechanisms", one had better take notice.

In line with my pleading that folk shed the parties as unnecessary and destructive to our Constitution and their own best interest, I leave you with a recent phrase from the ever maddening of Jesse Ventura as it is at least one area where he and I agree. "I believe that parties should be abolished in the USA"

I eagerly agree. Lets hope the ol Pub's hang onto their sets this time and not back down and NOT compromise.

Mr Boehner, Few with a second brain cell believe you and you have a horrible track record. Still the leopard can change its spots.............

I would LOVE to see parties abolished and just have each candidate run on his or her own platform and merits.There are good people in every party and often a really good candidate without party backing does not stand a chance. It is too often who spends the most money and I get very upset when I see the obscene amount spent on 1 election.What we could do to help homeless, veterans and others with that huge amount.Our country seems to have many priorities in the wrong place

I believe that both of you are correct in your views. I voted for a man who spent $30,000 for his campaign on the green party ticket. He was the only one who made any sense. He lost to Elise Stafonik who is a republican first year congresswoman. She listed Willsboro as her home town, but not one person knows her. She grew up in Albany. She was backed by big money and has no interest in the 21 first district she was voted for. As far as Willsboro is concerned, her parents had a summer home there, so that's what she listed as her main address. Her claim to fame is working for George Bush campaigns. I didn't vote for our governor because he is way too arrogant. I don't think he will run for President because he's divorced and not married to Sandra Lee. Only one person I voted for won, and that's because the man running against her lied way too much and it was too obvious.

Well, I suppose we could have hope and change round 2 same song second verse different party but let's just save time and face and get real. As long as we have McCain, Boehner, McConnel and other fake repubs there will be no impeaching the _____ _____, no repealing obamacare, and no closing the borders.

Yes, I AM pleased to see the grassroots of a political re-alignment voting in republican conservative minorities, libertarians, and the like to show that we of both parties are tired of the sham and are starting to vote for people and their values rather than parties and the person's pseudo values. I researched every individual before voting and I did vote an assortment of republican, libertarian, independent, and democrat. We had low voter turnout in my county. Loved the judge race between the crook formerly democrat who got beat by republican seen as cuckoo last time around, changed parties this time to republican and beat a very respectable opponent in the primary, had the person seen as cuckoo who beat him previously not run, cuckoo changed his mind when associate did not win republican primary so chose to run as an independent, and still crook with years previously as judge making millions in unscrupulous land deals at the expense of the county got voted back in with 3/4 of the voters knowing he robbed and cooked the books but picked him over a perceived cuckoo. 99% of my family voted for the crook because he was right there in their neighborhood. You can't fix stupid and you certainly can't fix stupid when it comes to your own family. You just wave the white flag and avoid talking politics at family gatherings.

While I should see so many libs losing their places in Congress as a victory and positive, I will just save time and say phhhhhhhhhhhhhht as far as most of the victors go. I will just sit back and wait for true Patriots to emerge (or not.) Show me what you are made of. Get back to the Constitution or just draw your check and pander to whomever you happen to be talking to on the given day. Fool me once shame on you. Fool me twice shame on me! Yeah, I am glad obama's policies directly caused lots of democrats to lose in the midterms. Hip hip hooray. How much does it really matter? Let me borrow Hil's phrase, if I may. WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES IT MAKE?????? I really hope it does make a difference, but I for one WILL NOT be holding my breath. If it looks like baloney, smells like baloney, and tastes like baloney, well then it just very well likely highly probable might just end up being baloney.

I remember years back Ralph Nader had started a party, and refused to except money from Lobbists and the rich. Nothing came of it, but I thought it was a great idea.Only so many witches can stir the pot, too many spoil the stew.

"Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage." (Jonathan Gruber, Obamacare architect, bragging about deceiving the American people, who he thinks are stupid.)

Right Miss Vickie.

Now because they lied (Not IF, they have admitted that they did) Is Obamacare really the law?

Remember your pillars in common law, specifically pillars 3 and 4. 3 states that " No gain shall be had by fraud " and 4 states "ALL contracts are visciated for fraud". Not the hard to spell word means Done away with as in it never happened. Marbury vs Madison is an oft sited example.

Therefor and in conclusion, Obamacare is NOT the law of the land due to fraud. Neither according to case law am I bound to obey it.

Now Mr Gowdy, I do admire you for your tenacity. Here is the home run for you. I want to hear these words out of your mouth and NOW. This is first year law stuff and is the only response IN LAW. So show me how tough you really are.......

We must be fearless,

Bb

Those of us who did not vote for Obama and have not cast a vote for any Democrat congressman can certainly get mad and disgusted at the arrogance of what this little puke said. But those who did vote for Obama and any Democrat congressman should be doubly upset. He not only admitted the people were lied to, but then he calls the supportive voters stupid.

Latest posts

Back