The loss of our beautiful Sunshyne.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qtrrae

Reaction score
When I first saw this little mare, she was standing by herself, dirty, weak, bewildered and so very, very thin. My heart went out to her - when I asked about her the man said, "You don't want her, I took her in on a trade and she will not last the winter."

That was 6 years ago, Marnie and I went to get the trailer and brought her home, I named her Sunshyne, my vet checked her over and figured she was about 30 years old, she had abscessed teeth and only 6 good teeth left in her mouth. She has always had to have all her feed soaked and always wanted her cookies morning and night.

If ever there was a wise old girl, it was my Sunshyne - even though she had health problems she was still the "Boss" of the pasture - she loved the babies and had a special spark to her. She could be anywhere in the pasture and all I had to do was call out "Where is my Sunshyne?" and she would come at a fast trot.

I could tell she was really starting to fail and 2 days ago when I called her, she did not come - I found her at the far end of the barn, it looked like she had just laid down and fallen asleep.

I so miss her but I know that she is now a gorgeous "Sunshyne" in heaven.

Rest in peace my precious girl.

Sunshyne.jpg

Oh no I am soooo sorry.
default_no.gif
God bless you for giving her such a great home and for loving her when no one else did. And it sounds like she loved you too.

She was beautiful.....

I'm so sorry Donna. She was obviously beautiful on the inside too. You've had such a tough year; my heart goes out to you.
default_wub.png
default_pray.gif

default_no.gif
I'm so sorry to hear you lost your precious Sunshyne! {{{HUGS}}}Glad she went peacefully, now she can join the other angels.
default_hypocrite.gif

I am so sorry for your los. It sounds like you can take comfort in knowing she died peacefully, and in knowing that you may have given her the best years of her life!

Oh Donna she was beautiful! What a lucky girl she was to have you in her last years! So well fed, cared for and so loved! She crossed the bridge in peace.

I'm sorry for your loss {{{{hugs}}}

I'm so sorry you lost your beautiful mare Sunshyne, she was lucky to have you in her life to make her last years so peaceful and happy <HUGS>

Yvonne

I am so sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was a very special girl.

Thank goodness for people like you willing to take an older horse. Bless you for caring for her in such a loving way. Your words reflect the love and special bond you both shared.

Donna - so sorry for your loss. What a lucky mare she was to have you!

Barbie

Bless you for the wonderful home and love you gave her.

((((Hugs)))) She will bring you smiles forever.

~Sandy

That is so hard to bear........but bless you and her for the time you had together. I bet you wouldn't give up your time with her for the world......

Ma---

I am sorry for your loss. What a nice way for her to go though. If only all of our precious pets could go like that. She is happy and healthy again
default_wub.png

I am so sorry to hear about your loss ... she sounded like a very special soul...

Liz R.

I am so sorry for your loss and touched by the wonderful home that you provided for her.

She is beautiful in her picture.

You will get an extra halo......God Bless.

[SIZE=12pt]What a loving story, so sorry for your loss. At least you had six generous years with her. She's a beauty.
default_wub.png
[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back