The Little Things That Make You Feel Content

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
I thought it would be nice to share about the little things in life that just make you feel content or peaceful.

Some of the little things that just make me feel "happy sigh" are:

• Going out after dark in my PJ's and hugging a horse
  • Having new kinds of shampoo or soaps to try
  • Afternoon naps with my husband and our dogs
  • Freshly stocked cupboard / fridge
  • Brunch at my parents' house
  • Starting a new book that you know is going to be really good
  • Daytime snow
  • Daily walk (endorphins, I guess!)
[SIZE=14pt]What about you all? What are some of the simple things in life that make you feel happy and at ease?[/SIZE]

girl%20with%20butterfly.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Full moon, crisp fall mornings touched with woodsmoke, laughter from my grandson, the stallion talking his talk tho he's too old first thing in the morning to me on his back legs, hot tea and toast with chocolate and peanut butter
default_rolleyes.gif
, knowing I helped another by voice or other means, hearing the smile and hope in another's voice....so many wee things...good thread Jill...count our little blessings...as for the shampoo, I chuckled but ya know I found Jirmack for gray hair by helping a lady looking and darn it makes the gray hair look super!

Some good ones already, I also like the barn after everyone is fed in the evening and they are all standing around eating their hay. Just quiet munching. Snow anytime, but I like to open a window curtain and watch it falling outside late at night while lying in bed. I have to tell on myself with this one, I have a long awaited dream (still waiting) of owning a hot tub and watching the snow fall at night while sitting there with all the steam around me in the dark. We built our back deck 11 years ago and had it braced to hold a hot tub, it is 45X25, plenty big enough. But every time I get the money together to buy one I find a horse!
default_wacko.png
One of these days it will be a priority.

Another feeling of peace, watching a new foal sleep, Gordetta's chocolate (sp?) and good hugs from my family.

I love watching the snow fall, especially just being in the house watching a movie with hot chocolate watching now fall out the window, i love winter.

Just sitting in the barn for a few minutes when the stalls are clean, horses fed.

Chocolte...milk chocolate, i am an addict
default_laugh.png

This one may be odd, but at the end of the day when everything is done that you needed to get done, right when i go to bed knowing everything is done..that makes me go ahhh.

Good thread Jill. Here are a few of the things that make me feel inner peace and joy - the sound of my grandchildren at play, sitting by our pond, it is so peaceful down there, going into the barn at night and the horses whinnying a welcome then listening to them munch their hay, eating a meal that came from our land and our efforts, watching the moon and stars in the sky, you can't get that in a city. Watching all the birds that visit our feeders on the deck.

Yvonne

I too like to watch the snow fall, when it's real big flakes (and I don't have to go to work)
default_wink.png

Doing a crossword or sudoku sitting in the sun (preferably on the boat).

Watching my lab, Brutus, play in the water.

Sitting by a campfire listening to music.

Riding our golf cart in the woods (it's electric and we can sneak up on wildlife).

Reading LB back porch in the morning while drinking coffee.

Listening to the minis in the evening when they are all settled in (John and I like to sit in the barn and just pet and talk to them) The FEEL of fall around the corner. The smell of woodburning on a fall day. Watching the horses kick and play when you let them out on a cool autumn morning. Holding one of my grandkids as they drift off to sleep. Sleeping IN on a saturday morning with John and just laying there looking out the open windows and feeling a cool breeze on your face. A GOOD cup of hot coffee on a cold day...WOW I could just go on & on....
default_wub.png

I love the first hint of the new seasons. Leaves turning red (a great drive up the canyon!), the first snow fall. Sitting in front of a fire cuddled up with a book. Watching the horses from my deck eat in the pasture. Sitting on my porch swing and just relaxing and listening to birds and frogs. Peace and quiet after my son is asleep.
default_wub.png

For me I love that sweet earthy smell after a nice gentle rain, especially in the woods. I love those quiet, private moments with each of my children as I tuck them into bed at night. I too am most content when my horses are fed and the barn is clean and I can sit for a few moments and watch the sun set while listening to them happily munching away. I love to read to my children and now my youngest daughter is starting to read to me, and it just thrills me so. It really is the little things that count the most. I could go on forever. But I'll stop for now.

This is a wonderful topic. I am on the precipice of a very difficult choice, and it's nice to sit and think about things like this. Here are a few of my little things:

• Waking up in sunshine. Not sun in your eyes, but lying in a nice, warm sunny spot. It's easy to see why cats do this all day.
  • A quiet moment with one of the horses. There are a few of them that I really feel a special bond with, and those ones will quietly approach me in the pasture or barn and just lean against me for a bit. It's very sweet and incredibly calming.
  • Saturday morning with Mo. It's nice to wake up and know we have a whole day of our own choosing ahead of us.
  • My neighbor's son. They have a very special boy, and every day late in the afternoon he stands on the lawn and waves to passing traffic. No matter what else has happened on any given day, when I see him smiling and waving at every stranger that passes it reminds me of all the good in the world.
  • Family events. It's overwhelmingly nice to spend a day in the company of over a dozen people that you love and that love you.
  • Entertaining. I worry about my friends and family constantly, so it's very comforting to get them all together and take care of them. For those few hours at least I have the ability to make a positive difference in the lives of the people I love.

Mine would have to be:

- a good cup of tea (or three LOL)

-a quiet time with any of my animals

-a clean house and a finished "to-do list"

-a beautiful morning

-a beautiful sunset

-a rainy day when there is nothing better to do than read a good book and watch a good movie (the harder the rain the better!)

-a chick flick when I'm home alone for the day

-driving the horse in the woods on a sunny day

-spending the weekend at the lake with my parents, friends, and my parents dogs

-a goodnight kiss

-a good morning kiss before the SO goes off to work (and having the whole bed for an hour before I have to get up haha)

OMG I can't stop...

I just had to add

-a freshly made bed with crisp cool sheets!

Sitting on my deck in the evening with the tiki torches going, having a glass of something with my husband.

Sitting on that same deck in the morning with my cup pf coffee, planning my day.

Going to bed at night knowing God has blessed me with so much and forgiven me for so much.

Lyn

I love sitting in the barn in the evening listening to the horses munching away. Theres just something so peaceful about it.

Sitting in our game room with the windows and doors open, watching a nice soft rain fall, love the smell of it.

Sitting in the pasture and having the baby foals crawl all over you.

Taking a long walk and watching the hawks fly.

Walking into my room at a bed and breakfast and hearing classical music

Cool breeze in my face

The sound of thunder in the distance

Smell of lilacs on a beautiful spring day or any flower for that matter

Smell of freshly cut hay/freshly cut lawn

The sounds of the birds singing in the evening

Listening to a mare nicker to her foal

Watching to the horses running through the grass

Heck there are just too many!!!!!!!

I love sitting in the barn in the evening listening to the horses munching away. Theres just something so peaceful about it.
Sitting in our game room with the windows and doors open, watching a nice soft rain fall, love the smell of it.

Sitting in the pasture and having the baby foals crawl all over you.

Taking a long walk and watching the hawks fly.
MAYBE HAVING SOME REG. PAPERS IN HAND?
default_wub.png

I have a couple:

A nice quiet hot aromatherapy bath with a good glass of wine.

Sitting with my sugar gliders a sleep in their sleepie bag with my hand in the bag, they curl up and hold my fingers like I'm one of the family
default_wub.png

Kissing my 2 mini babies on the nose and they actually like it
default_wub.png
! Huggin them to and they don't pull away.

Working hard cleaning out the stalls and making a fresh new place for the minis and watching them go in and check it out, roll in it and them take a pee of course.

Making new thinks for the minis to try and watching them eat it or play with it.

Sitting in front of a roaring fire inside or out, watching the flames.

Watching the humming birds.

Having my kitty Purdy sit on my lap, purring.

Here are a few-

Sitting with the horses in the morning as the sun is coming up, sometimes Kassie lies down next to me and we just lay in the sun

Being the first one up in the morning and just sitting on the front step watching the sun rise and the light coming up the driveway

The smell of the new season

Reading a book

Just quiet time with the horses, no matter when, especially if I have my camera

Sleeping by the fire with the dogs curled up under the blanket

Giving a horse a hug

Smelling flowers, especially lilacs

A freshly hayed field

Gosh there are just too many!

This is a fun thread Jill!
default_wink.png
I feel content and happy when 3:30 PM rolls around and I get to pick up my children and hear about their day. I also love Fridays after school because we have movie night complete with pizza, pop, popcorn and movie candy. I also really like Sunday afternoons in the winter when my husband and my kids go skiing and I have the computer all to myself. I really look forward to time I get to spend with my husband alone without children. It's our time to reconnect and no I'm not talking about that.........Get your mind out of the gutter. I'm talking about dinners, movies, concerts, sporting events, boating and such. It's nice to be able to have a conversation without people interrupting.

I feel all warm and fuzzy when:

~ I get home, and hubby did something just for me, to represent his love

~ The unexpected nuzzle from one of the horses

~ Listening to a thunderstorm at bedtime

~ Seeing my "doggie daughter" excited to see me when I get home from work

After listing these few things...... life is good!!!!!!!!!!!

What a great thread! Mine are as follows

*Sitting and listening to my horses chew their hay

*Cuddling up with all our cats and my fiance on the sofa, especially if its cold and raining outside, and watching a good movie

*Waking up and seeing its a warm sunny day outside (even better if I don't have to go to work)

*Listening to our cat Sake purr, she almost can bring the house down lol

Ahh happy times
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back