The Laurels of Landhope CDE in Pa.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorthorsemom

Reaction score
Just wondering if anybody is going to the Laurels of Landhope in Pa. It is a great driving event near me. Biggies and ponies, high level competition.
default_saludando.gif
Adair

I would like to go someday, but it is right during the Villa Louis Carriage Classic, which is the 2nd largest ADS pleasure show behind Walnut Hill. We are taking Alax and the new Welsh mare.

You'll have to tell us all about the Laurels, though!
default_saludando.gif

Myrna

I rarely miss it, it is 10 minutes from my house. It is a sight to behold. Love those 4 in hands going through the water hazards. They have a cool big bridge and a couple of tricky steep hazards that those biggies make look easy. Lots of big names in driving to make me say ooooohhhhh aaaaahhhhh wow.

I was chatting minis with a lady on the sidelines last year and came to find out she was Jaye of Regency miniatures. I would love to take a lesson from her some day, she has offered to let me come to her place and check it out, but I haven't had the time yet..

My trainer sometimes competes at the laurels. She has also done some navigation for others. She used to navigate for Lisa Singer and once I got to ride along on a trail drive with my trainer driving the morgans Lisa was competing with at the time. I was in awe all day. I got a couple of simple navigating jobs back then (not hanging off the back, just sitting in the seat and leaning when I was told to lean). That was super fun. I still laugh at the photo somebody snapped of us going through a hazard and she says "you looked like you were screaming in that hazard , mouth open shot LOL". I probably was screaming. haha. I am such a wimp.

At the same site for the Laurels they have something called the "teddy bear picnic" which is a schooling show and they have miniatures at that one. My boy Ike I think did the teddybear picnic with his former owner. Teddy bear picnic is a fun one to go to also. I always take a few dogs and hang out for the day.

We are also close to fair hill md. which has the fairhill international which is an olympic level riding three day event that has dog agility as a feature too. They used to do the combined driving at fairhill but stopped and that is when the Laurels were created.

wow, rather chatty tonight ladies. This time of year I get so pumped up, there are so many horse events around I can hardly wait to go see them.

Myrna, be sure you post photos, especially of your new mare. She makes me go ga ga. I love her type.
default_wub.png

You're so lucky!! I can see I'm going to have to come crash at your house someday. Do a little harness shopping, watch a few events, drag you kicking and screaming into entering the Teddy Bear Picnic....
default_laugh.png
How can you not have done that already?!

We've got a lot of events to enter around here (which is great) but Happ's is three hours away from me and it's a much more low-key venue without all the decorations and vendors and Big Names that make events back East so stunning to attend. It's great for people like me who train to a high level but suck at turnout however it's not nearly as spectator-friendly.

Leia

You're so lucky!! I can see I'm going to have to come crash at your house someday. Do a little harness shopping, watch a few events, drag you kicking and screaming into entering the Teddy Bear Picnic....
default_laugh.png
How can you not have done that already?!

We've got a lot of events to enter around here (which is great) but Happ's is three hours away from me and it's a much more low-key venue without all the decorations and vendors and Big Names that make events back East so stunning to attend. It's great for people like me who train to a high level but suck at turnout however it's not nearly as spectator-friendly.

Leia
Would love to hang out and do harness shopping and watch some events. Come on over
default_yes.gif

You can drag me to the Teddy Bear Picnic next year. I will only whimper a little.
default_wink.png
This year we are both out of shape and not near ready, I have much to learn and will need to condition.. I didn't get much work in this summer for countless reasons. I need to get back out there and get to WORK.
default_deadhorse2.gif
Adair

PS, I couldn't find one where the horse was beating the little guy, that would be more like it. Ike is not lazy that is for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back