The last one-updated w/PHOTOS pg3

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BriarwoodAcres

Reaction score
We have wax and a momma who is over it. poor 2 Sox wont eat well,she just nibbles a little and hasnt pooped all day but pooped a ton last night. I cant get pics to upload from my phone so ill do it later lol

This is daddy, This is his last foal as he was gelded this past January.

hotshot.jpg

A not so happy and over being preggers momma!!

1011870_10200291459035534_904019020_n.jpg

this was taken at about 6pm, you can see a chunk of wax on my hand too!

2sox.jpg

You can see her milk in this photo dripping off her teats

1010055_10200291458355517_1287623987_n.jpg

1014425_10200291458515521_1332143560_n.jpg

Not sure if you can see the drainage in this photo at the bottom of her vulva but its bloody.

382521_10200291458755527_2003757924_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds awful close... maybe an announcement soon
default_smile.png

shes restless this evening and her milk was a VERY sticky gold/white mix when I looked at her at 6pm. I unfortunatly had to go home but thanks to my grandma and aunt who are sleeping in the barn with her! To bad I have to be up at 4am!!! I almost called off but then she wouldnt think about foaling! ROFLMAO

Good luck and safe foaling to grandma and aunt, who may well be foaling her down right now!!

Any update?? Sounds like your new little one is quite imminent! Safe foaling !! Waiting for an announcement!

She was miserable all night.wouldnt eat,drink or poop. She was much better this am and demanding to go outside.

Hoping it was, or will be, I safe and hassle free birth! Fingers crossed
default_smile.png

Hi ladies. Its a bitter sweet. We have a beautiful sorrel pinto filly!!! On the down hill end,it was a red bag delivery. We have a live foal though. The filly is weak,shes three hrs old and islts hard for her to stand. We have to hold her up and help her walk and nurse. Momma on the other hand doesnt seem to care. Shes very tired and sore. She wanting to roll but not at all, only once in three hrs. Shes had banamine. Weve talked to the vet and hes staying in touch. I am sitting outside her stall now just monitoring. Ill post pics later of find me on face book- Heather Doty

So sorry to hear that 2 Sox had a red bag delivery, but glad that she is ok. Will be saying prayers for your little filly. Have you tried gently syringing a few cc's of colostrum into her to help? Or you may need your vet to help at this early stage. Red bag babies are often very weak and slow to get started due to the lack of oxygen during the birth, some needing 'bottle' feeding every couple of hours for quite a while to give them a chance to recover - last year Renee bottle fed little Merlin for around two weeks until he was able to feed for himself.

Good luck - please keep us updated on the little one's progress.
default_yes.gif

Absolutely!! If she is nursing that's brilliant - what a good girl!

I'm sure you are busy with her and 2 Sox, but would love to see some pics when you have a free moment.
default_yes.gif

Thya ive been trying to update from my phone but it wont let me.ill upload some tonight!

Hoping that the filly continues to nurse and keeps getting stronger. Sending prayers.

As long as baby is guzzling some milk, she should get stronger and stronger. Remember, in this first day you should get baby up and eating a little each hour, round the clock, then every 2 hours tomorrow. It takes a while, and some of us have done it until we thought we couldn't survive -- but the little ones made it through.

Congratulations on your new baby. Red bag deliveries are difficult on mom and baby, and YOU, but congratulations on getting that little one safely to the ground! You did it, and you should be proud of yourself for quick actions that saved your little one.

Don't give up, it's hard work, but baby will be acting just fine in a few days, and you'll have nothing but fun ahead!!

CONGRATULATIONS!! Can't wait for a picture!

Congratulations and well done for being there to help
default_firstprize.gif
. Most of us have experienced a red bag or two and as the other ladies have said they can be very hard work to get the babies going but it is well worth it in the end. As Diane said make sure she is nursing every hour as these babies will lay and sleep for hours if they are left alone and then they become too weak to nurse. You will soon see a huge difference, it is like someone turning a light on and they become totally normal foals.

As to mum, she might need more than one dose of benamine as red bags are hard on them and they often take longer to get over.

Looking forward to pics

I know everyone is looking for pics. I sat down to upload them this morning and my computer crashed...one more thing..ugh!

Still having problems with mom not eating. Gave her mineral oil by vets choice and more banamine.baby doesnt seem to want to eat much so were putting her on a bottle. This has been a roller coaster ride. I am ready to leave them at the vets as my schedule doesnt allow me ne there as much as needed and my grandma is exhausted. Weve never had a red bag. Keep praying!!!

Congrats on you little girl. Hope both her and mum both continue to get better
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back