The Julep Cup was FUN! :))

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miniequine

Reaction score
I had a great time at the Julep Cup.

The Kentucky Horse Park is unbelieveably

GORGEOUS. We spent the entire day

Saturday, touring the Park and museums.

It is a moving experience that I highly recomend
default_smile.png
)

sorry about the pic's size...

1d064658.jpg

2-1.jpg

31fields.jpg

show barns

33showbarns.jpg

John Henry (31 years) in his paddock

I have been there 4 times myself. I love the park. One thing that was great was last year when we went to Julep Cup, I would feed early in the morning when no one else was up and just ride around the park on my golf cart. It was beautiful very early in the morning. The horses would be outside and it was so peaceful. Glad you got a chance to see it all.

Oh and John Henry is great. The first time I went Forego was still alive as was Rambling Willie and Imperator. Actually I got to see most of the horses buried outside the Hall Of Champions since the graves hadn't even been started the first time I went. I would love to go again and one day I will.

So glad you enjoyed yourself!

I remember the first time I got to ride out there, I felt so special!

Now I'm out there so much I take it for granted, so it is great to see beautiful pics like that to remind me how lucky I am to be able to show there nearly every weekend.
default_yes.gif
:

You took some great pictures, thanks for sharing them!
default_smile.png

Gorgeous pictures, thanks for sharing. It's been high on my list of places to go for years, maybe one of these days.

Jan

What beautiful pictures! Of a beautiful place! I have always wanted to visit there.

Thank you for taking the time to share those with us.

Charlotte

Great Pictures! I always enjoy going, but rarely have time to do any more than the horse show. This year, Paul and Libby Rosen and I went to the museum to see the two photography exhibits that are there. One is a group of photos taken by three European photographers, and the other, which I have to say I enjoyed more was a Gypsy Vanner photo collection. Awsome.

When we showed arabs there many years ago we used to go riding around the cross country course, and one year we took two of them out there for pictures. Got some great shots, wish they were digital so I could share them but I don't even know where they are now.

Latest posts

Back