The Journal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minih

Reaction score
Has anyone received their August/September Journal yet? I don't remember getting mine , but that doesn't mean I didn't, I may have and misplaced it.
default_wacko.png

Thanks Leeana, I guess I just need to be patiant. I was looking for something to look at and read last night, knew I have looked at the June/July to death and couldn't find the August/September one.

Don't believe I got mine either.. Hmm will have to look through my stack..

When should the next MHW be coming out?
default_smile.png

I got mine a few days ago, but I ran an ad again so I always get two copies. Usually one before the other.

Sheryl --

Is there an article about versatility in it? They'd contacted me to request permission to use portions of an article I wrote in an article they wanted to run about versatility... but I'm not sure that they did, and if so, how it turned out
default_smile.png

Jill

PS Not yet received my issue, but looking forward to it!

Well Jill, I haven't read it yet.
default_wink.png
But I just picked it up, flipped through it and OMG your published again!

Pages 88-89

Can I have your autograph?

I have not rec'd mine - I paid first rate price too and here it is Labor Day. But maybe tomorrow in the mail? I ran an ad as well, so I should see one or the other.

Jay ran an ad also, and he usually gets a copy at the jewelry store. I will have to tell him if he gets it to bring it home, this week until we leave for Nationals is going to dddrrraaaggg. I really like looking at all the pictures and articles. Now I can't wait to read Jill's article too.

Woohoo!!!! I think they only used a couple things from my article but really don't know! SO, I look forward to reading it, too
default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

I am not complaining. I love reading the Journal and I know certain times of the year are harder to get it out on time.

Last edited by a moderator:
If there are people trying to put ads in from the World of Ohio show, then they usually run a bit behind to try to give people a chance to get their pics and ads together.

Amy always faces a HUGE task in putting together the magazine after a big show. Her running a bit behind is just an example of her trying to balance the need to get the magazine out with the need to get people's ads in. I do NOT envy her job.

I believe the World show is highlighted in the October issue along with the Congress. Not sure what's in this issue. Versatility? Ammy stuff?

In order to accommodate both the Congress/World Show issue and the AMHR National Show issues, the magazine committee suggested to move to a slightly later production schedule in 2007. The national board adopted that recommendation unanimously. The change was promoted in every issue from Dec. 2006 until it went into affect with the Oct/Nov. 2007 issue. Promotion was made in hope that event advertising would be placed accordingly.

Issues now mail around the 15th working day of the month of the two-month spread. The last 6 issues have mailed on that voted on and promoted schedule.

Subscriptions go out via 2nd class mail ... unless an upgraded subscription is purchased. These second class mailings can go MUCH more slowly. For example ... the comp copies that some spoke of go out several days AFTER the regular mailing because they go out from among the "extras" that are delivered to the registry office. Comp copies can go out as many as 5 or 6 days AFTER the real mailing.

Latest posts

Back