The Journal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Filipowicz Farm

Reaction score
Last issue I received was for Febuary, March with the appy on the cover This is June does anyone know when the next issue will be out?

Hopefully soon. We were told by our area director that it was held up in regards to waiting for the decision on WEG to be resolved.

That's ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!! What does that decision have to do with getting our Journal out on schedule??? The things that have gone on with the WEG are bad enough, but now to make The Journal this late is just unacceptable.

I'm always happy to see my Journal in the mailbox, whenever it arrives. No matter when it arrives, I'm sure to enjoy looking through it. I don't advertise in it but if I did I know I would try to put ads in early, especially if they are time sensitive--better to have the ad come out 2 months early than 1 month late.

I can't help but say--when news items and various things aren't included in the Journal, people complain. If an issue gets held up so that some news item or information can be included in that issue--people complain. Seems to me that getting that magazine out is a pretty thankless job. On the other hand, the Journal being late actually has a very important role in the small equine world--it gives people something to complain about. That has to be a good thing, because from what I have seen there are plenty of people who aren't happy unless they have something to complain about.
default_laugh.png

You are paying them for a service to advertise. Even the news in the Area 1, 2 etc and North of the border will be old news. Would you want a weekly newspaper to come a month later? It seems that for sometime the Journal has been late. I enjoy looking at it when it comes but want to read current news and ads. I have not advertised in sometime since the Journal is so late in coming out.You can see by the breeders in the back many no longer advertise and the magazine is so thin lately.I hope what ever the hold up they can finally get the Journal to their members ON TIME. Amy said she got help so now what is the hold up.? Thats my opinion.

Arent we waiting on the April/May issue? The WEG would have perhaps affected the June/July issue being that the vote was this month in June by the BOD?

I to appreciate it when it comes and am glad to see it in my mailbox whenever it gets here I have a friend who gets hers first class so I know not to get excited and look until a few days after she gets hers LOL then I am like a kid at Christmas running to the mailbox every day until it gets here I am sure this issue will be no different!
default_yes.gif
And the anticipation does make it that much better lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't even remeber when I got my last Journal. I thought maybe I just competelly overlooked the last one since its already June but guess I wasn't mistaken.

I am always happy when I receive my Journal. But here is the problem, people pay to put ads in the Journal. I think IMO eversince it has been getting latter and latter the ads are less and just isn't impressive. Our membership money goes towards the Journal, I would like to atleast get it on time. Or atleast PLEASE have registry news online.

So let's see if I have this right-we are waiting on this issue because of waiting for the WEG decision to be made. So that implies to me that they have been considering pulling out of it for a while now. Soooooo why were the people that have been getting shots, testing, etc done to horses that were going to Kentucky not given a courtesy heads up that this decision was coming??????? I was lead to believe that this was a decision that was come about pretty quickly. HUMMM, makes one wonder doesn't it?

Take it as complaining if you wish, but I have to have my ad in by a DEADLINE if I want it included in The Journal, so why do we repeatedly have to wait for our late Journal because of one excuse or another?

And yes I will anxiously await my Journal, but I sure think it could be more timely.

I've been wondering over the past couple weeks too actually, I cannot remember when I got my last journal. I am the most understanding person on the planet, I think it is understandable to have one or two issues late (such as the Natl or Congress issue), however, to have almost EVERY issue late is ridiculous.

WEG is the World Equestrian Games to be held in Kentucky in October, I think it is. I have no idea what the involvement of the AMHR/ASPC is but, judging by one of the comments above, it sounds like some of our people will be participating/competing. I'm sure someone will explain it better than I have.

I do enjoy reading the Journal, whenever it arrives, and really look forward to it just like everyone else. I'm not sure I agree totally with those complain about not getting news and ads in a timely manner, though. Between this forum and probably a few others, I'm sure those who want to know already know everything long before it shows up in the Journal, even one that's on time. Certainly the shows are listed on the registry's website way in advance, so people can look there and get the contact information, etc. They don't need the Journal for that.

I don't have intimate knowledge of what it takes to produce a magazine such as the Journal and what exactly goes into turning it out in a timely manner. I do marvel, though, at a major Standardbred magazine that is published WEEKLY with racing news and results from all over the U.S., and it arrives like clockwork. I guess a big difference is probably in the number of staff I presume they have compared to only a couple of people who produce the Journal.

As for when the next Journal will arrive, I found that when the digital version was put up on the registry website last time, my copy arrived in the mail about a week or two later, so I keep looking on the website for it now.

What happens if you don't have a computor or its down. You are expected to have you advertisements and information summitt to the Journal on time. As members we should get the Journal on time. This is not a one time thing it has come late for sometime now. Amy did post that she got help and that it would be coming on time. I like to read the magazine not on line. This is what we pay for and I feel there is no longer any more excuses for it not being on time.

What happens if you don't have a computor or its not working. We are expected to get our information and ads summitted to the Journal on time. We as members expect it to be deleivered on tiem. That is what we pay for. Amy stated in a post she got help and the Journal will be on time. Before you know it the June and July issue is due to come out and we as members have not received the April May issue. We keep on getting excuses and when you call the office they can"t even tell you when it will arrive. I beleive the issue we are waiting for has the All Star results. I know many of our friends in the States and Canada have ads and are looking forward to seeing them. Something is wrong here. and it needs to be corrected.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am amazed at how many people think that this is acceptable. My husband and his family are in the publishing business with many daily and weekly newspapers throughout the East Coast. Being late is just not an option and they will do whatever it takes to get the newspaper, magazine, book, flyer or whatever out on time. Deadlines are taken very seriously in the publishing world. This just makes me scratch my head and wonder how they continue to operate this magazine in such a fashion.
default_sad.png

Im a bit peeved, I paid money out of my own pocket to advertise the Area 7 show that is 10 days away, that was suppose to come out in early May, and guess what Im out $140 and no advertising that I still have to pay for. I would not care if it was just an ad for one of my horses but not for a National Area Show that we need to spread the word about.

I am amazed at how many people think that this is acceptable. My husband and his family are in the publishing business with many daily and weekly newspapers throughout the East Coast. Being late is just not an option and they will do whatever it takes to get the newspaper, magazine, book, flyer or whatever out on time. Deadlines are taken very seriously in the publishing world. This just makes me scratch my head and wonder how they continue to operate this magazine in such a fashion.
default_sad.png
Exactly right.

I'm amazed that some think it is okay as well. I worked in marketing and advertising for years - and missing deadlines or not even having a deadline set was unacceptable. No self-respecting publisher would do that consistently and still be in business. If Miniature Horse World, Arabian Horse World and many other breed magazines come out on time, why should The Journal be given a pass? I know putting magazines together is hard work - I used to do it... but we could never just extend deadlines over and over again. Even my Tolt magazine for Icelandic Horses shows up like clockwork - right when it is supposed to. No excuses and no delays. If I had paid for full page ads in The Journal, I would expect them to come out on time.... and if constant delays became the norm - I would no longer bother with any advertising in that publication...
default_no.gif

Where is the link for the online version. I cant seem to find it. To add, to the main subject. It should never be late end of story.

I am surprised that so many don't think it is important that the Journal come on time .Oh well if it gets much thinner there will not be that much to read.

Latest posts

Back