The horses at Windy Acres FArms in WI

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charli

Reaction score
Here are some of our horses that we have in WI. We call our farm Windy Acres because the wind never seems to stop blowing! We have our animals for fun and loving although my nephews do show their horses at fair along with some Buelingo Beef cattle. Currently we have 6 miniatures, 4 full size horses (3 of which are my brothers) and 2 ponies (my moms).

006.JPG

T & M Wind Dancer-Black and White Pinto Stallion that is 12 years old and 33.25"

DSC_7031.JPG

Flyin 12 Little Kochise-Black Pintaloosa Stallion that is 6 years old and 32.5"

IMAG0350.JPG

Kochise again and the next one is of him in the winter

IMAG0029.JPG

Next up is our first mini that we bought my oldest daughter (now almost 8) when she was 15 mos. old-Frames Lil Sunny Delight (Salty)

Grey dapple that is 15 years old and 30.5"---Winter and mid summer pics. She is the furriest one that we have in the winter and this year her color has changed. She was a grey dapple when I first clipped her but has since grown a brown coat...plan to clip her again to see if she is still grey?
default_wacko.png

IMAG0144.JPGIMAG0338.JPG

Next is one of Salty's foals that was purchased within 2 weeks of the first one...they are very addictive.

Sprouts Lil Sunshine (Sunny) belongs to my middle daughter (Charlotte) and she is 11 years old, sorrel and 31.25"

DSC_7037.JPG

Next is a mare that we purchased last year when we lost Salty's foal. She was so sweet and followed us around and does this cool trick-rub her belly in the right spot and she lays down for a belly rub. She is a maiden mare and we were expecting a foal this April from her but it seems that it was not meant to be. As we had her in the barn and on camera she seemed to shrink in front of us. Had her rechecked and nothing....Anyway, some pics are of her in the winter, the clipping we gave her to see if she was just fat or preggo, and the last clipping I gave her on mothers day (she is in the pic with my youngest daughter Samantha),

Qtr Raes Mystic Khaki Kisses--Dun (who looks like a donkey to me) that is 5 years old and 30.5"

IMAG0020.JPGIMAG0149.JPGIMAG0331.JPG

Our last mini is now a yearling but we purchased him with Kisses last year after our loss. Samantha went with us on our 'shopping trip' and Black followed her around the pasture bumping her butt. We just couldn't leave him and so he came with us. He has been gelded and we hope that he continues to be a softy and maybe one of the girls will show him at fair when they are old enough.

Runaway Magical Black Eclipse--black appaloosa foaled April 22, 2010. He does have a few white spots but we have been assured that he will spot out as he ages...all of his siblings have.

DSC_4337.JPGIMAG0016.JPGIMAG0295.JPG

First one is of Black and my oldest daughter, Danielle, last Sept. Second is of Black after a HUGE blizzard here and being kept in a stall for a week, and last is of him in June after a partial clipping. I think he will mature to be close to 34" but you never know...or do you? Lmk

Final pics are of the BIG horses. Simmie is a 10 year old chestnut Arabian Saddlebred. Penny is a Hackney pony that my mom purchased but we do not know her age or true registration. Her and Simmie are pasture buds and LOVE each other. The POA is Lacy and she is my moms pony that she is hoping my daughters will ride when they get ready for fair. The last one is Dex and he belongs to my oldest brother. He is 5 years old and still growing! My oldest daughter loves to get up on him and so she is playing with him a little. My brother also has another quarter horse, Cody, and saddlebred, Shades, that are not pictured.

I am sorry that this is so long....I guess that maybe we should work on creating a website!
default_biggrin.png

Thanks for looking at our 'babies' and for all of the wonderful entertainment and information on this site!DSC_6983.JPGDSC_6990.JPGDSC_7028.JPGDSC_7095.JPG

wow love the first stallion! what gorgeous markings!! your horses are MASSIVE! I like my 14.2hh pony!! LOL couldn't even dream of getting on a horse that big LOL

your ponies are real sweet thanks for sharing!!
default_wub.png

n thanks for helping us so much with watching Suzie and Peanut!!
default_yes.gif
its much appreciated!

Here are some of our horses that we have in WI. We call our farm Windy Acres because the wind never seems to stop blowing! We have our animals for fun and loving although my nephews do show their horses at fair along with some Buelingo Beef cattle. Currently we have 6 miniatures, 4 full size horses (3 of which are my brothers) and 2 ponies (my moms).

Where in WI are you? We call our farm Windy Acres Miniature Horses and we are in WI too! That is strange.

Marsha

Great pictures Charli, you have quite a mixture of horses and ponies, and they all look so scrummy!
default_wub.png

Thanks for posting them!

Hi Marsha-We live in Rio, WI. My brothers named the 'farm' due to the crazy wind. It tends to start blowing whenever you have a lot to do!
default_yes.gif

Where in WI are you? We call our farm Windy Acres Miniature Horses and we are in WI too! That is strange.

Marsha

Cassie I agree. I grew up on ponies and still prefer them. That BIG guy is my brothers horse...but my oldest seems to like being up on him.
default_biggrin.png
I actually prefer my minis nowadays...more my size.

wow love the first stallion! what gorgeous markings!! your horses are MASSIVE! I like my 14.2hh pony!! LOL couldn't even dream of getting on a horse that big LOL

your ponies are real sweet thanks for sharing!!
default_wub.png

n thanks for helping us so much with watching Suzie and Peanut!!
default_yes.gif
its much appreciated!

Thanks for looking at our 'babies'. As you can see, I need to keep practicing on my clipping!
default_laugh.png
My mom and I keep buying different blades and working on them. I would actually LOVE for one of mine to get a complete clip job in a day so that I could take good pictures. But the clippers, horses and or kids never seem to make that a possibility! Oh well, always another day.
default_biggrin.png

Boy you sure are a horse filled family.It great that everyone is involved w/both the big and small horses. They are all cute as buttons!! I sure hope your little mare gets bred this year and we will want updates. Thanks for sharing your family with us!!

Nice to see all your kids : )
wub.gif

Salty is likely a silver bay. My own silver bay clips out gray but then grows back the sorrel color.

Oh, My! You have Khaki Kisses - I wondered where she ended up - she was always a little sweetheart - she was born on our farm - I have her sire "SunRaes White Gold" and her dam - "Sunset Ridge Tequila Rose" Khaki always had the sweetest disposition. "If" you ever decide to sell her, please let me know. Thanks

Hi Lisa-it is good to see you on here. Yes, Kisses and Black are doing great. Black is so sweet. We are hoping that Kisses is bred to Kochise (the pintaloosa; a foal from Cinderella) for 2012. I am not sure because she does not seem to have normal heat cycles but we are hopeful. She also does NOT care for US at the vet and I want to avoid putting her though it again so if you have any ideas on how else to confirm pregnancy, that would be useful.

Congrats on all of your 2011 foals. Enjoy the rest of the summer!

Latest posts

Back