The Hagen Renaker Horse with 9 Lives

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiniHunterHorseFan

Reaction score
When I was at the Nationals I came across a vendor selling horse figurines. I've always like Breyers and china figurines and decided to browse around. That's when I discovered a little glass cabinet filled with little Hagen Renaker horses. As I looked at them, a couple of palominos caught my special attention, because they looked like my mini, Bodaous. So I walked up to the owner of the booth and explained that I wished to buy one of the little palominos in her glass shelf. After I pointed out my final choice, I happily paid the money and walked back to our stalls with my purchase.

I sat down and pulled my little porcelain pony out of his bag and tissue wrappings and was delighted to find out that he was labeled as a Shetland stallion which is very nearly a miniature horse. After admiring him for a little bit I wrapped him back up and proceded with the rest of the evening's events. I was just preparing to leave for our motel that night when I realized I had left my horse on the table in our tack stall. Then I noticed that the bag was missing! I quickly asked my dad, "Where is my horse? He was in a plastic bag." Come to find out he had thrown the bag away and didn't even know the figurine was in there. Thankfully the bag was in our small trash receptacle and was quickly retrieved.

Next I took my pony to the motel and placed him, wrapped in the bag, on our table there. The morning we were leaving to go home, my dad asked me if I wanted to keep my reciept that was in the bag before he took the bag. I told him, "Yes." As we getting into our truck, I realized I didn't know where my horse was at! I searched my purse, my suitcase, went back to the motel room and looked in both trash cans, checked the plastic bag my dad had taken... the horse was gone! I couldn't find it anywhere.

Finally after sitting down in the truck in despair, I really thought, " I can't remember where I put anything." (I am always misplacing keys, purses, ect...) I asked my mom, "Now what did I do with it? What happened to the horse? Did you move the bag at all? The horse was wrapped in the bag." Then I found out she had picked up the bag but put it right back down again. She didn't see anything in it.

Then I knew what could have happened. I raced back up the stairs to the room and opened the door. I got down on my knees, pulled the coverlet of the bed next to the table off the floor and looked underneath. There was my horse!

What had happened was when she picked up the bag the horse flew out, onto the floor, and slid under the bed. Finally I was able to take the horse home. Now he sits safely on my dresser, the first of my Hagen Renaker horse collection.
default_smile.png

I love it!! Great story! I don't collect H-R, but I have bought a few pieces (most of them at Nationals) because they reminded me of a special horse. Keep him safe! (any cats in the house???)

<LOL> Am glad you found your HR.

I have a small collection of HR horses and animals... like the older ones that were made in the 50's but I have some of the newer ones as well. What is nice about these figures, is they gain value in short order.....not that I would sell mine.

Hehe, you're lucky he didn't break a leg in all those falls! China's are fragile. :DOH! He's obviously meant to be with you so I'm very glad you found him each time.

Leia

Latest posts

Back