The Final SHOWDOWN!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SWA

Reaction score
default_xbud.gif
Gooooooo TRACE!
default_aktion033.gif
default_laugh.png

Some friends got us watching it a month or so ago, they will be here tonight cheering him on LOL.

Jan

I totally agree, GO TRACE!! He just has to win, because I hate that other guy! The other guy is just brutal. Trace seems so down to earth and sensible, and he genuinely doesnt seem to care whether he wins or losses (I mean its not about the 'game' to him), he just wants to help his daughter and others like her.

However, I'm afraid the other guy will win just because Trump looks at the money pretty hard and that kinda thing and Trace even said before they really started last week that he already conceded to the fact that the other guy would raise more money.

I only watched last weeks all the way through, maybe part of the week before...thats all I've seen this season. After about thte first 2 seasons I stopped watching this show. I don't know why I decided to watch the end, maybe when I saw Trace on there...not sure. In any case, looking forward to tonight!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Jodie, Jan & Cammie, I haven't watched it the last couple seasons either. Almost missed this one till I saw that Trace was on there.
default_wink.png
I know what you mean, Trace has shown restraint and impeccable integrity. I sure hope he pulls through tonight, primarily for the sake of his daughter's charity. But, being that it is in the realm of a "tv game" too, I hope he also wins for the sake of INTEGRITY, to show you can succeed without becoming a ruthless cutthroat.
default_wacko.png

I'm watching now, and thinking to myself....those Backstreet Boys needs to hear two words from Trace right about now.... COWBOY UP!!!
default_wacko.png

As a mom, wife and daughter of military men, I am all for Pierce's charity too (but my goodness, it seems he's more out for blood....not the cause).
default_wacko.png

Well, after watching the boardroom gathering after the event, all I can say now is {{{SIGHS}}}
default_sad.png

I guess "nice guys always finish last".
default_no.gif
I guess, you'd think I'd know that by now. :DOH!

I really thought that was going to happen. *sigh* Trump just doesnt care about the good guys. I think personality in some cases (like charity) should win over ruthless money making. It should be who can network the best and will continue to "give big". I mean, I have nothing against Pierce's charity, but will he ever do soemthing for them again? Trace, pretty sure from how he acted, will continue to do good things for his charity. JMOs.

That out come really ruined my night.. I know Pierce's was important, but think about it, doesn't our country help the men some. Who helps Trace's Charity?? So sad, but in todays world you have to be a @#ss to make it, I guess.. In my book Trace was the real winner, he was the real man on there tonight!!!

I started watching this season, watched maybe two-three episodes. That was when I decided it was all too "orchestrated", and it felt as if the contestants were going by "scripts". I think Trump thought the series needed a big boost, and this program was just orchestrated, pre-written, and a lot of things added in just to make it more exciting to watch. In other words, it was all a big fake!

I started watching this season, watched maybe two-three episodes. That was when I decided it was all too "orchestrated", and it felt as if the contestants were going by "scripts". I think Trump thought the series needed a big boost, and this program was just orchestrated, pre-written, and a lot of things added in just to make it more exciting to watch. In other words, it was all a big fake!
I do agree, but only to a degree.
default_wink.png
I don't doubt that Trump threw in some if his good ol "Trump cards" for the sake of contraversial ratings. "Omarosa" for example.
default_rolleyes.gif
But I do feel that most the other participants were there by genuine heart for their causes...well "most" anyways.
default_unsure.png
Granted it was Trump's "corporate game playing" all the way, after all it's HIS show for just that
default_rolleyes.gif
, and this particilar season was at least "for a greater purpose" of those charitable causes and not ALL into corporate pockets...although according to the Kodak spokesperson that was on there last night...I suppose it sure didn't hurt their pockets any.
default_wacko.png

I do feel those that were there out of genuine heart were taken for a ride at the expense of their causes though.
default_no.gif
They were there for the primary purpose of HOPEFULLY gaining sincerely needed financial means for their causes...but in the end...it was all for Trump's show of it...Pierce "played" that to a "T". It was a "game" played by the rich for the rich, and if a few charities got some pocket change out of it, then all was good "for them".

Bottom line, it's a dog eat dog world and those with genuine heart ALWAYS get eaten alive! Because they WILL NEVER give in to "the game" of it all! In my book...THOSE ARE THE REAL WINNERS...but sadly, only in the heart. Full hearts with empty pockets.
default_no.gif
While the hard core "game players" sip their champagne and cavier (sp?) ... and gloat (gloating over all those they've crushed along their path). Breaks my heart.
default_no.gif
It's left a sour taste on me, don't think I'll tune in for future seasons...
default_unsure.png

So much more I could say...but, I'll leave it at that.
default_wub.png

EDITED TO ADD: I will say this... Trace Adkins is a real CLASS ACT! This world needs so many more folks like him.
default_yes.gif

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
{{{TRACE ADKINS AND HIS BEAUTIFUL FAMILY}}}
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif

Last night was only the 2nd time I watched it. The week before was the first because I really don't like Trump. I agree it's a shame Trace didn't win. He obviously has more personal integrity in his little finger than the "winner" has in his whole body. I gotta say that I did get several laughs out of Trace's response to some of the things on the Back Street Boys "list". The Wheat Grass Juice and nail polish things were hilarious and I loved it when, because of the request for a knee brace, he talked about putting on a show when he was in so much pain he could hardly move then had 16 inches of intestine removed that same night. But the show stopper for me was when he said he has new-found respect........for himself.
default_aktion033.gif

and I loved it when, because of the request for a knee brace, he talked about putting on a show when he was in so much pain he could hardly move then had 16 inches of intestine removed that same night.
LOL, yeah,
default_rolleyes.gif
that's why I posted that he needs to tell those boys to COWBOY UP!
default_yes.gif

I think when he said he found new respect for himself, he was referring to himself as a performer when he books for shows and requests things to be made available for him, he's not so "nit picky" over small stuff that he most likely can just get himsefl, as opposed to demanding they be there on the spot for him at his "whim". :DOH! '

I think Trump just had them do that though, just to "mess with him".
default_rolleyes.gif
To see how he handled "the pressure", as he put it. Kept him going with busy work over small stuff where he wasn't able to better focus on the overall task. A typical "corporate game ploy".
default_rolleyes.gif
He kept his cool with them though!
default_yes.gif

That woulda been hard keeping cool with them , they way he said some of the stuff about them was hilarious. I was just rolling when he said something about "the BSB", i dont remember how he worded it but it was funny.

And then at the end when Trump asked who gave the guy the nail polish, and Trace said Lynx did, he wanted the heavy weight champion to carry the nail polish. That was great.

Latest posts

Back