the filly fairy came

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunterridgefarm

Reaction score

we had a filly that was born on Friday. my mother in law found her and called to tell us that we had a baby. she said that every thing look great to her and she was up a nursing. only did we now that she had some eye problems. during birth she hit her both of her eyes on something. we checked on her on Sunday when we got back from the show in Fl. my husband said that i need to go get some warm water to clean her eyes out so i did. her eyes was very cloudy and i told him that i think that she was blind. her eyes on Monday looked great. you could see the eye ball and some on the cloudiness had went way.
default_biggrin.png
we was so happy and my son named her Hunter Ridge Farms Dora aka baby. Went out to the barn yesterday and done the same clean both of her eyes. last night about 6 or so I went to check on her and the mom and notice bloody water coming from both of her eyes so i called Robby and he said to call Frank to see what he had to say about it so i did. I was thinking the whole time that i needed to call the Vet out. Frank said gal call the Vet. so i did. when the Vet arrived he looked at her and said that she had ulcers in her eyes.
default_no.gif
that had eaten their way Thu both of the eye balls and there was no saving them. and the vet told me the pros and cons to this. all i could think was this is a heck of a thing for such a nice filly. i then asked what could we do to save her. he said to have both of her eyes removed. but as of right now she was in pain. he told us the best thing for her was to have her put down
default_no.gif
. me and my husband talk about it. we gave the mother and the baby some time with each other. and told the Vet to go head and put her down. my son was out there at too and he looked up at the Vet and said that baby was taking a nap. we will be missing her for a long time to come. this is the 2nd baby that we have lost this year. so we only can hope for that our last baby when she or he comes that it will be a healthy one and no problems. till then we hope that everyone has good luck with their little ones

I am so very sorry about your loss.

I am so sorry for your loss of this beautiful filly, and also for the baby earlier this year.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

So So Sorry you lost your babygirl...
default_sad.png

Here are some (((HUGS))) for all your family...

Missy

Oh, that is so sad, I'm so very sorry!
default_sad.png

im so sorry for your loss and sending prayers your next one is healthy!

I'm really sorry to hear about the lost of your filly.
default_sad.png
Joyce

So sorry for your loss...my condolences on both.

Liz

I'm so sorry. That is a realy hard think to have to do. Prayers for your heavy hearts to be lifted.

I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost both our 08 foals as well and I know the heartbreak you are feeling.

Best wishes for a happy healthy baby soon!

I'm so sorry for your loss, I know your pain. But thank you for posting this, if it helps one other little horse, it will be a blessing, everyone should know that a vet will tell you to never let an eye injury of any kind go, it needs vet care immediately. That eye injuries are not anything to mess with. But your sweet little one is at rest now, and hopefully the mare will not mourn to much. Hugs.

Sorry for your loss. I know how hard that must have been. Hope your son is doing okay with it all. Hugs for you all, but especially your son. Kids sometimes just don't understand. I want to wish you the best of luck on your next foal. When is your mare due? Let us all know how she does. Godbless!!!Kristy

Latest posts

Back