The End of an Era

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horsehug

Reaction score
Some of you already know, but instead of having to send way too many individual messages I thought I'd let you all know at once that I lost my Rambo yesterday.
default_sad.png

He had seemed to be in excellent health all this winter which made me so happy.

But he had to be put down last night.

All day he would not eat and acted just slightly colicky. I finally decided to take him to the vet last evening and he did blood work and found out he was extremely dehydrated and on top of that his kidney values were terrible. His kidneys were failing horribly. I had to let him put him down or watch him die over the next few hours or days.
default_sad.png

He was 22 years old in March and has been the personality that I wished all my horses were all these years. He has truly been a one in a million little horse. I am so glad I have several of his daughters and his grandson Lil Chap of Bar Bar E to carry on....... as their dispositions are very similar to Rambo. I need to train Lil Chap to drive. Over the years Rambo and I went so many places together, just him and me and his cart. His specialty was obstacle driving. He had the perfect personality for it. We also visited the nursing home, the school, the hospital, and he did birthday parties and weddings and many parades. And he sired many beautiful foals. I got Rambo when he was 4 months old in 1988 and thus started Hilliard Horses to Hug. I always felt Rambo and I were a team.

And I will sure miss him.

For me this is the end of an era.

tinyacresrambo.jpg

ramboandmefair.jpg

ramboandme1992.jpg

Susan O.

Im so sorry to hear of your loss, he was a gorgeous boy. At least he got to live his life with such a loving owner!

Susan, I'm SO very sorry you lost Rambo! You & he were lifetime partners and you will be again some day. Letting him go shows how much you love him.

He'll live forever in your heart.

I'm very sorry {{{{Hugs}}}}
default_crybaby.gif

It sounds like he had a wonderful life, and you were privileged enough to share in it. I am so sorry for the loss of your wonderful friend

My heart hurts for you. I am so sorry for your loss

Susan

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your little guy, you've been quite a team for a long time.

I'm so sorry you lost such a wonderful friend. You were so lucky to have had each other.

no.gif
I'm so sorry Susan.

I know he was so very special and brought you so many wonderful memories. He will live on in those memories forever. It's so hard to say goodbye to one so loved. Godspeed little man.

So very sorry to read that you have lost such a special friend. (((((Hugs)))))

Anna

What a beautiful relationship and life your had together! My heart goes out for having to let him go too soon.... I know the grief. Blessings to you and everyone who loved him.

Susan, I am so sorry.

Your love for him is so clear in your beautiful tribute and by the fact that you were there for him when he really needed you, as true friends are.

How lucky he was to come into your life; how lucky you are to have known him.

Take care,

susanne

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back