THE DRESS

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dee

Reaction score
Ok I'm starting it...what did u all think of 'the dress'...I know I don't need to say who's lol!

I thought she looked stunning! Modern, classic, and total princess.

I didn't watch the wedding, (will later, have it on DVD) but from the pictures and the news, I agree. I am so relieved that styles have changed...OMG...thank goodness it wasn't another over-done foofy thing like the one Dianna wore. Even back then, it was too much.

I thought her dress was elegant....................BUT am I the only one who like Princess Diana's? I thought her dress was something out of a fairy tale and to this day I love her gown.
default_wink.png

I would have rocked! in that dress, but then again William is a bit young for me. lol!

But really, it was lovely.
default_wub.png

I loved the dress! Kate's dress was very elegant and she looked stunning in it As much as I loved and admired Diana, I felt her dress was too foofy. Different times and very different people.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought it was perfect... Everything about the whole wedding was so "fairy tale"... Loved that she did her own make-up also and her hair was down and simple
default_smile.png

I also thought the dress was beautiful...kind of "plain", but beautiful. I don't mean it was plain, just that it was not as "extravagant" as I expected...it was a perfect choice for her. I also liked the way she left her hair down, going with a more "natural" look.
default_yes.gif

I also loved her sister's (bridesmaid) dress. I actually may have even liked it more than the wedding dress! LOL! She looked AWESOME in it!! Again, so plain, but so tasteful!!

I was surprised to see only the one "adult" bridesmaid. For some reason, I thought there would be several, like at most weddings, but then I guess the Royal weddings are clearly not on the same level as "all weddings"! LOL! I cannot remember back to Diana's wedding, which was the only other royal wedding I have watched, to know if she had a large bridal party or not...anyone know? Maybe is their tradition to have only one, aside from the children.

I still have a total dislike for Camilla...I cannot stand her. She really reminds me of one of the 3 stepsisters in Cinderella!!
default_yes.gif
LOL! She just does not seem to "fit the part" at all!!

I agree! The dress was stunning - truly fit for a modern princess - and so was her after-wedding ensemble.

It was beautiful, elegant, refined, classic yet had a sexiness about it. I loved it. Princess Diana's was appropriate for the era - remember that was 30 years ago!

I missed seeing Kate's sister and her bridesmaid's dress--I only watched about 5 minutes of it & what I watched was just brief clips of the whole thing--the last of the vows, the carriage ride, the kiss... I didn't see Camilla in her wedding finery. I did see the Queen in her yellow outfit, and thought that yellow was a terrible color choice.

Different era or not, I just didn't like Diana's dress. I thought at the time that Diana's dress was ugly, and I still think the same now. Last night Mom asked me if the royal brides choose their own gowns, or who chooses for them. I said I assume the bride makes her own choice, why? She said that she thought someone that really disliked Diana must have chosen her gown!
default_laugh.png
I laughed, because I had been thinking that Diana's gown looked like it had been chosen by an evil stepmother that didn't like her at all.

For a moment when William was putting the ring on Kate's finger I thought it was too small & wasn't going to go on--but then it did.

I LOVED the dress. It was simple but incredibly elegant and classy. Not overdone-nothing about her is ever overdone which is why I like her so much. Her sister's dress was definitely my favorite. Both are such beautiful women.

I loved the dress and hope it does start a new trend with sleeves on some wedding dresses.Us FAT girls don't look as good in strapless stuff with rolls of fat hanging out.JMO.I am so impressed with then royal couple.They both seem so nice and genuine and have so much feeling and compassion for other people.I'm so glad there were no radical nuts who tried to mess up their special day for them.Watched it on TLC today and enjoyed it lots.

I am so impressed with then royal couple.They both seem so nice and genuine and have so much feeling and compassion for other people.
I totally agree, and truthfully, I think that is in HUGE part, thanks to the inner beauty, generosity and sincere people loving personality of their (William and Harry's) beautiful Mother Diana!
default_yes.gif
default_wub.png
I think she really helped bring the "Royalty" to the general public level! She was soooo down to earth!

I loved her dress but I was shocked by what her sister wore. To me it looked way to much like a wedding dress which again to ME takes away from the bride.

I loved her dress but I was shocked by what her sister wore. To me it looked way to much like a wedding dress which again to ME takes away from the bride.

But it is the Bride who chooses the dresses for her party isn't it? I WAS surprised to see her in white also; but it worked.

Latest posts

Back