The Dome

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riverrose28

Reaction score
OMG! I can't believe it, I was watching the news on channel 9 tonight before I went out to feed, and there was a commercial for a mini series, starting on June 24, Wow,I loved the book, can't wait to see this.

What channel and when will it be on? I have not seen any ads for it.

The station is CBS, locally for us, channel 9. I didn't catch the time, but I think the start date is June 24.

I saw the ads. and want to watch it. I didn't know there was a book!

Oh Debbie the book is huge, but once you start it you can't put it down. Typical Steven King, lots of intense scenes, great characters, a few heros, some goof balls, and lots of crazy stuff, but this one does start you to thinking about what if.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sort of like Stephen King's book - "Cell". OMG....that one gave me the heebie jeebies because on some level, you have to wonder if it is possible.

Jean, I'm with you on Cell! Gave me the willies too for that exact reason! Lol!

Well, I don't get CBS so I won't get to see it
default_sad.png

Just like I don't have a fancy book reader thingie so I won't get to read his audio book. pfft

I just re-read Cell.
default_smile.png

For those of you who have read the book (Under the Dome), is it science fiction or horror? I know Steven King is well known for his horror stories. I do not do horror (I think there is enough real horror in the world without reading about made up stuff, and I don't like feeling frightened) so if it is more in the horror genre I'll skip the show. Love science fiction tho

When my daughter was in 7th grade I think it was, she was reading "Pet Semetary" (don't remember how they spelled it). Took her a long time so I asked her what it was about and she kind of explained it, saying it was really good and sort of scared her because he wrote such distinctive descriptions. With her telling me that, I bought the book a couple of years later, no horses at that particular time either, and I couldn't put the book down. But it scared the Bejeeezus out of me! I saw this book out last year and was curious, but I barely have time to read my horse library.

For those of you who have read the book (Under the Dome), is it science fiction or horror? I know Steven King is well known for his horror stories. I do not do horror (I think there is enough real horror in the world without reading about made up stuff, and I don't like feeling frightened) so if it is more in the horror genre I'll skip the show. Love science fiction tho
In my opinion I'd say it leans more toward the sci fi area. It was a little graphic in gory details in a few spots but nothing knock your shorts off scary. LOL! But I like scary/horror books so..... maybe I'm immune to light horror(if there is such a thing!)! LOL! It's worth reading in my opinion. Can't wait for the show!

The Dome is being advertised here too. Looks interesting....certainly different. I'll give it a try.

I'm really looking forward to it, too, and enjoyed the book, Under the Dome, a lot!

I can't wait to see Under The Dome. It's one of the best books I've read by SK! I have a feeling that it will never do the book justice.....but I am sure it will be entertaining.

Reactions: REO
The screen adaptions (even though SK writes and oversees them) are never as good as the books. Well, maybe Misery and The Shawshank Redemption, or The Green Mile(could never watch it again!).

Can any of you who read it give any spoiler insights? Puleeze?

I do think it's titled "Under the Dome", like the novel. I was hooked in the first paragraph... and that's nearly always the case with an SK novel!

ANYONE who is a fan of horror fiction and loves SK should look at the three (3) novels so far by "Joe Hill" which is the pen name of SK's son, Owen. He has Heart Shaped Box, Horns, and NOS4A2. I enjoyed each of them, but when it comes to the last one, NOS4A2, which I finished recently, it is sincerely as good as the best of his dad's books. Talk about an heir to the thrown! He just weaves a story to the point you would wonder if Joe Hill is SK's most recent pen name! If you like this kind of fiction, I can't imagine you wouldn't be glued to this book!

ALSO, SK has a new book. Joyland, that just came out.
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back