The Dome

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
** Reminder This premiers tonight! I don't stay up that late but can't wait to see the encore and am looking forward to reading the book.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can hardly wait, I'm ususally in bed around 8, 9 at the latest. I tried to take a nap, but can't seem to go to sleep during the daylight hours. So I'm toughing it out, waiting till 10. Wish they put it on a little earlier, but maybe it is too violent. I'm not going to spoil it, for those that asked, but think of it this way, you are in a glass jar, and everyone around you seems to lose their mind. That is all I'm going to give away, you need to watch.

Hmmmm, kept my attention, but of course, it leaves us asking.......do they have water, can they dig under it, what common thread do the two teens have that caused them to have seizures and say the same phrases, what happened between the red head's doctor husband and the dude that is the stranger? Hmmmm, big brother or aliens with the pacemaker ordeal? Yeah, I'll be watching it again, LOL.

I read the book, and can't remember kids having siezures in it at all! Guess if I continue to watch I'll find out.

I watched it last night, I will also say, it leaves you wanting questions answered so of course you will come back again to watch what happens. On the fun side, my daughter's friend works on the production team of this show, he also worked on The Walking Dead. It was filmed in Wilmington, NC area for the most part, I know thats where he was working.

I read the book, and can't remember kids having siezures in it at all! Guess if I continue to watch I'll find out.
I can't remember that part either......but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.
default_wacko.png
I say record the TV program and read the book first so it won't spoil the ending. I just thought the book was really really good. JMHO.

I REALLY enjoyed the book. SK is, imo, THE modern master when it comes to spinning a story. We recorded the episode so far, but didn't watch it yet.

Was thinking it would be a "mini series" with several 2hr episodes. Now I'm thinking it will be a summer series. Hopefull, it's good either way. Really did enjoy the novel and I felt like my favorite SK novel ever translated great to TV (The Stand mini series). So, I'm hopeful, but already know the story.

Planning to kind of horde this up for a "rainy" summer weekend, to enjoy with H. I don't think he listened to the book when I did.

AND at the risk of anyone thinking I'm on the payroll (LOL!), fans of the horror genre should check out "Joe Hill" (Owen King -- SK's son). I think his latest novel, NOS4A2, is as good as the best of SK. Really enjoyed his Heart Shaped Box and Horns as well, but thje latest, NOS4A2, is really up with the best of the modern horror genre. I know the son isn't wanting to rely on his father's name, but his ability is just simply amazing to me. I will NEVER miss one of "Joe Hill's" novels.

Joyland, SK's latest novel (not a long one), was also really good from my perspective. Since I always listen to unabridged audiobooks, vs . "reading to myself" (OMG -- go me the definition of BLISS is being read to!) I do know that the narrator's "voice" and ability can make or break it, but it was to the point of award winning with both NOS4A2 and Joyland. And so many others!

For me, the "voice" of Joyland reminded me of the "voice" of The Body, which is a/k/a the movie Stand By Me. I just seriously feel that Stephen King is one of the greatest storytellers of our time, and I am so completely thrilled to see how much the ability of his son is being put out for everyone to enjoy. He is sincerely just as good as the best of what his dad has put out.............. and he's so much younger. I think he is one to read, and look forward to, for so many years to come!

I think his latest novel, NOS4A2, is as good as the best of SK.
I am reading "Cell" now (thanks to LB Back Porch) and when I finish I will go on to NOS4A2. Can't wait to find out more about the strange title!

Carol
default_wub.png
-- It is like Nosferatu (SP?), the original vampire. Though the book doesn't really feel like a vampire novel at all. I really LOVED the audio version, but sometimes, I'm not sure how much the voice and acting ability of the reader plays a factor. I usually love any audiobook I start, and the voices this reader could put on were so amazing!!!

Jill.......that makes sense! DUH! Kind of stupid that I didn't put that together. I am going to have to try an audio book again.......Where is it that you get yours from???? I know you have mentioned it before.

Oh Jill, good to hear from you, I'v so been wanting to upload one of Joe Hills books and even got a quote from B&N for my nook, but life keeps getting in the way of reading for now. Hopefully this einter I can catch up. I wanted to upload Hornes, but one of my grand daughters is expecting, so I'm busy every free minute crocheting an afagan. Plus the doctor has me in the house during the heat of the afternoon, so my mornings are full with horses, evenings I'm cooking, and feeding again, and by the time I'm done I'm bushed and have been turning in early. Thank goodness for air conditioning cause the humidity is awful, and I can't breath outside in the heat. ss far the opeing episode of this is not like the book, only a little, but I'm game and will hang in there and see what happens. It does leave you with alot of questions, I know why the propane, but what is with the kids having seizures and repeating a phrase? I'll have to watch to find out as I think SK has put a spin on this one.

I don't have a fancy thingy to listen to books so I can't "read" Joyland
default_sad.png

Will it ever be a regular book?

And I don't get the channel the Dome is being shown on. *pout*

Unless it's on DirecTV and I don't know where to find it? We don't get ABC NBC type channels.

Carol, I used to get them from this guy but he doesn't sell them anymore. For the past year or so, I've used Audible.com, and I LOVE it. I listen on my phone at home w/ Bluetooth speakers and in my car w/ the Bluetooth thing in it. Very easy to download and enjoy. It is like $23/mo for their "Platinum Plan", which gives you 2 credits (which = 2 books) per month, plus they have very frequent sales, sometimes where books are only $5/each! Just be careful at checkout to pay money for the "cheap" books so you don't waste a crdit since some of the books are fairly expensive w/o a credit, but just 1 credit if you have a credit to spend. They do also offer periodic chances to purchase 3 extra credits for like $35. Audiobooks are usually more expensive than regular books, so it's a good deal. It will let you register up to three devices, I think. So you can share with a family member. I just love it and the interface on their program is SUPER easy to "click it back" 20 seconds or whatever, and it saves your place when you stop listening. I would be hard pressed to read to myself for fun anymore. SPOILED because the audiobook narrators have just gotten so good. My favorite form of entertainment!!!

Robin, I just got this from Amazon this morning: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1781162646/ref=pe_71010_30684740_email_1p_0_ti

Joyland IS out in paperback and (OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!)... a new SK book? Dr. Sleep??? Tie in to The Shining. I'm thinking it's not out on Audio yet but is in Hardcover... so, soon for Audio and then in paperback as well.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1476727651/ref=pe_71010_30684740_email_1p_1_ti

(hope those links work? not sure if they are unique to my account but if so, you can search it on Amazon).

Carol, I just pulled up Audible as I've got some credits burning a hole in my pocket
default_smile.png
They've got a sale now where you can buy TWO books for one credit. I really recommend this service to anyone that does find they like audiobooks, because it is so easy to use, and so inexpensive even w/o the sales. For less than 1 hardback book a month, you get at least 2 audiobooks (which normally cost a good percentage more than the hardback book does). It is also neat if you and your husband or family members enjoy the same sorts of books. H is actually really into it, when he'd never read a book himself. He does like these audiobooks though!

Latest posts

Back