"The Dogwoods Are Blooming"

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like an interesting one to me. Once in a while I love to just sit and read a great book cover to cover. Since winter will be here soon I can't wait for one of our rainy NW days to curl up in my afgan with a cup of tea or cocoa by the fire with a good book.
wub.gif
I'll be looking this one up. Thanks!

Lois,

I haven't read it yet, but I do remember a long while back of this being one of the "Books of the Month" that one of the DJ's on our local Christian Radio recommended from their "6:10 Book Club".

Here is their website, if you would like to see some of the other books they recommend, that might be somewhat similar to this one.

Z88 Radio

Hmmm, maybe I'll soon be able to add this one to my "Cocoa by the fire" time too, this winter.
laugh.gif

An interesting addition....

THE LEGEND OF THE DOGWOOD TREE

There is a legend, that at the time of the Crucifixion the dogwood had been the size of the oak and other forest trees. So firm and strong was the tree that it was chosen as the timber for the cross. To be used thus for such a cruel purpose greatly distressed the tree, and Jesus, nailed upon it, sensed this, and in his suffering said to it: Because of your regret and pity for My suffering, never again shall the dogwood tree grow large enough to be used as a cross. Henceforth it shall be slender and bent and twisted and its blossoms shall be in the form of a cross...two long and two short petals. And in the center of the outer edge of each petal there will be nail prints, brown with rust and stained with red, and in the center of the flower will be a crown of thorns, and all who see it will remember. - UNKNOWN

NOTE: This of course was never proven as Biblically factual, just a legend.
wink.gif

Here's another interesting site:
laugh.gif

THE DOGWOOD TREE

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back