The "Brat Pack" just hanging around! PIX!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wwminis

Reaction score
Wanted to share a few pix of the "Brat Pack" getting their feet trimmed today using our new Tripod Hoist! It was getting to hard for me to lift these guys onto our trimming table, so we bought a hoist to lift them up to trim their feet! It's called EZ Farm Porta Lift with Weighing Scale!

Here's a link to the lift! http://www.betterbarnyard.com/scales/

While we had them hoisted up, Wanalynn groomed them and gave them all a briadle path!

Her's some pix taken before trimming!

Here's me and Angel!

IMG_0027.jpg

Here's me and Piggy!

IMG_0028.jpg

Here's Lil Abner!

IMG_0029.jpg

Here's Ellie Mae!

IMG_0030.jpg

Here's me trimming Topsy!

IMG_0031.jpg

Here's me working on Patches

IMG_0036.jpg

While we were working Wanalynn saw a little bird fly into the hole in the middle of this rope, so I took her new camera and held it up to the hole and this is what we found! We think they are Wrens!

Here's the rope

IMG_0035.jpg

And here's what the camera saw!

IMG_0034.jpg

I don't know anything about you or your horses so forgive me if they were just rescued. Their hooves are in TERRIBLE condition. Are they all dwarfs? I am glad you found a way to help.
default_sad.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe they are all dwarfs from previous posts. He always posts them as the "brat pack"
default_laugh.png

I can't believe how calm all of them look
default_biggrin.png
I bet it's much easier on you for sure
default_yes.gif

default_aktion033.gif
Great idea! They don't look scared at all. So trusting! These little ones are gorgeous! Just little bundles of joy!

God bless,

Joan

ingenious!!! those little ones are just so adorable.

the nest...is it made with mostly twigs and sticks? that's what wrens use.

Bill

That's a great way to trim the hooves. They don't look like they mind at all!! They're all looking so good, especially that little Angel...
default_wub.png

How cute!!!
default_wub.png
They look so calm and trusting! Mine would be thrashing and making life hectic!! Congrats on the great idea and it working for you!!
default_biggrin.png

Well if that isn't just a really neat contraption. They all look like they are relaxed and enjoying their pampering. Today was hoof trimming day for all mine too along with beauty treatments and bridle paths. I'm bushed, but they are all happy and snuggled into bed!
default_wink.png

That's a cool way to do it! They look great and it's obvious you care a lot about your little "brat pack". Why else would you do the things you do!!!!!
default_biggrin.png

I think that sling would be great for a couple of my older mules.
default_rolleyes.gif

Love your 'horse holder' !

Does it work on all sizes???

Would love something that would make it so you dont have to bend in half!!!

Something about these pictures reminded me of kids at space camp. They all look happy to get off of their feet for a bit--so neat!

Aw they look great and looks like the hoist is going to make life easier!! They seem to enjoy it haha. Great job with them they all look great.

Awww... they are so sweet!!
default_wub.png

Where is Scooter?? Is he doing OK?

That is really cool!!! They do look happy to get off their feet. You could use that to do aqua massage! Just get a water trough and one of those bathtub jet spas and it would probably make their poor little legs feel better. Cute anyways!!

I don't know anything about you or your horses so forgive me if they were just rescued. Their hooves are in TERRIBLE condition. Are they all dwarfs? I am glad you found a way to help.
Floridachick - dwarf feet can grow extremely fast as they do not wear down the same way that a regular horse's feet do. They grow sideways - they grow forward, they roll under - it is a constant battle to keep up to them. I wish we had a sling like that for our Cowboy - we have to tip him over onto a bean bag chair to do his front feet...
default_rolleyes.gif

Awww... they are so sweet!!
default_wub.png
Where is Scooter?? Is he doing OK?

Hi Cheryl,
default_saludando.gif

Scooter is doing great! His feet are in great shape and he stands to get his trimmed! He's getting to be a big boy! I'll get some pix and post them for you to see! I forgot he wasn't in the sling pix!
default_rolleyes.gif

Bill

Latest posts

Back