The boys of summer...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dontworrybeappy

Reaction score
I haven't had a minute to rest - but I'll try and catch y'all up in case you want to know!

Baby Abbie (our day 295 preemie) has septicemia, her left hind hock is very bad. The vet flushed the joint yesterday and will again tonight. Other than being 3-legged lame, though, she's doing well... loves attention and scritches, just an adorable girl! Since her due date was May 23rd, I don't think I'll relax until after that about her, she's one of the SPECIAL ones!

Last week one of our clients mares had a lovely little pinto colt...

dozer1.jpg

The rest of the mares we were beginning to think would NEVER foal, and then... Thursday Morning we had "Hank" (a client's mare):

ebony-colt-hank1.jpg

Thursday afternoon we had "Mickey" (another client mare):

reign-colt-mickey1.jpg

Thursday Night into Friday Morning we had "Willie" (also client mare):

tootie-colt-willie3.jpg

and THEN... Friday mid-morning, finally one of MY mares foaled! Ginny, a maiden mare, had Abbie's brother "Dash" (Appsolutely Incredible) - sired by our Appy boy - and it's hard to match Appaloosas, but WOW, we're doing it - Abbie has to get better so I can drive these two as a pair!!!!

Here's a pic of both - Abbie on the left, Dash on the right:

abbie-mister.jpg

More of Dash!

mr2.jpg

mr5.jpg

Yes u have been busy!!!! Cute boys, all of them.
default_yes.gif
But your new boy is great, how cute and colorful!!!!
default_wub.png

What a great little medley of foals--and something for everyone in the color department too. Congratulations!

Congrats on all of them!! Hopefully Abbie will get to feeling better also...

Wow! What a colorful BUNCH! You must be EXHAUSTED......but THRILLED!

Nice boys! But I like Dash!
default_yes.gif
I like those babies Appy is giving you!

ABBY AND DASH ARE STUNNING!WHAT A PAIR THEY WILL BE! WILLIE IS SIMPLY ADORABLE!LOVE HIS PICTURE
default_biggrin.png

Wow you have been busy!! Oh I love the Appy colt and the face marking just really stands out with that blanket!!

I am sorry to hear Abbie is having to battle that now, but do not lose hope. I had a newborn colt with it once and he came through with flying colors and you would never know he was ever sick. It was a lot of work but worth every second of round the clock care he had here.

Keep us posted on how she is doing....

Congrats again on all the new 'kids'!

default_no.gif
Please, can all of you start praying for Abbie again? She doesn't actually belong to me but she has sure gotten under my skin! She has spent a bit of time sleeping on my lap and I told her she better get her act together and get better. I really think she's trying. She's got a great attitude - doesn't seem to feel sorry for herself (like a person might) at all. She's still snuggling even after everything that had to be done to her. If you could just send some positive energy her way I think it would help a lot. Thanks again!

Brenda (not Abbie's owner but lovin her just the same!)

Latest posts

Back