The Baby Borrowers show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBhorses

Reaction score
Hello,

Who watchs The Baby Borrowers? I think this show will help teenagers understand. I wish they would have had someone like this for me as a teenager. I was a teenager mother love my son, but would like to let teenagers know please wait.My son is now 18 yrs old. Teenagers don't know what all you give up to be a full time parent.

share your stories about the show and if you were a teenager parent.

Harvey and I have watched the first two episodes and have it set to get it on our Tivo (I think a 3rd may be waiting on us to watch). We found it interesting. I'm not sure how many young people are actually watching to be dissuaded from starting too early, but it is an interesting tv show to us.

Love the show. I think its a REALITY check for all those young people that think babies are cute and I WANT ONE. Best kind of birth control, should be required TV watching for all middle and high school kids.

default_smile.png
:)
default_smile.png

I was just thinking back, to the scene where the one little baby girl throws up in her high chair tray. That nearly made ME throw up!!! God only knows how'd I'd cope if ever we have a baby...

Jill

Did you see last night where they let the little boy run around without pants on and he proceeded to standup on the sofa and pee all over it...................... that child has issues..........................

I think it was last week where one teenage boy got the dry heaves cleaning a poopy diaper.

I am NOT a reality show fan HOWEVER when it helps the viewers I'M ALL FOR THEM, i.e. The Biggest Loser, The Nanny (BUT, I do get tired of all those screaming kids) and The Baby Borrowers.

I can HARDLY wait for the old timers........................................the older generation is usually a HOOT!

Don't have kids but have ALWAYS enjoyed babysitting and being around them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to see the teenagers with the teenagers a dosage of themselves.
default_biggrin.png

I think it should be a required class in high school! Parenting 101 with live kids!!! Doubt we would have teh teen pregnancy problems we have now.

I missed it last night, but I really do like watching the kids realize the babies are not toys! I think they should have gone one step farther, and made both boys and girls go into a delivery room and watch a real live birth, yelling, screaming, and problems that may occur. That, I think, would scare the bejeebers out of the girls at least! Would likely be a giant birth control pill.

I think the concept is a good one-giving teens a hearty dose of the REALITY of having children-BUT, I don't think I'd want to have turned my children over to such unknowing 'caretakers'. I surely hope the networks has someone there besides the cameramen, who was knowledgable enough to prevent the 'babies' from being mistreated through ignorance.

I have long said that I think parenting should be taught in the schools; heaven knows, not many youngsters have ANY opportunity to learn ANYTHING about it otherwise, in these times! And if you doubt that there are problems with being parents, watch 'Supernanny'...I find it downright scary for our society, thinking how many 'out there' DON'T HAVE someone like Jo arriving to help....and the kind of people their children are likely to grow up to be....

Margo

Margo they have a nanny in the house with them, also the parents watch their every move on a monitor from a house in the same subdivision.

well i havn't seen the show and i'm not a parents (and don't plan it ...EVER!) but my cusin who used to be my best friend back when we were "kids" is now a mom.

She and her boyfriend decided to have a baby, she was 19 at the time i'n not sure on his age. She is now 20 and they have a baby girl. I did not aprove of them having a baby not because they were "teenagers" but because they were stupid...ok that rude but she failed her highschool parenting class horibly and he well he was jobless and wanted to buy a brand new mustang before the baby got here, but laughed when i said i wanted a cheaper car saying i could not afford it even though i have a job and no baby :DOH! . anyway, it turns out that they are great parents, their baby is very healthy and happy, and they are both working and providing for her.

I still don't like the idea of "teens" having babies but now that i've seen that they can be good parents with my own eyes i'm more open to it. But i do think there should be some sort of madatory course for first time parents no matter how old or young or weather they are adopting or having their own baby/child. of course i also think it should be funded by the goverment....so i'm sure nothing like that will ever happen.

Now as far as watching a show like this being "birth control" i doubt it. In fact i was engaged at the age of 18 he was 16 it didn't work out but as you can guess no one liked it and almost everyone thought it was wrong. But i used to watch a show called "enaged and underaged" on MTV i think, and seeing underage couples getting married and having troubles and having troubles living a "married life" did not phase me one bit, i used to watch it all the time and it never made me think hey maybe i'm doing/wanting the wrong thing.

It is interesting to see how some of the teens have risen to the occasion and are doing a wonderful job and others, well, they are failing miserably. If you think about it though, it wasn't long ago that 20 was considered an old maid. Teenagers getting married used to be normal. Teenagers then having kids was normal too, and they did fine as parents I imagine for the most part. Our society is just different now and many people are not learning parenting skills whether they are teenagers or not. :DOH!

I agree with Bingo. Some of those girls need to forget it for another 10 or 20 years.....maybe by then they'll be mature enough to be a parent.

I think the show is awful!

I highly doubt its going to be effective for the reason they want it to be.

I also don't think we should be teaching kids that babies are horrible, and make you miserable.

If we teach kids/teenagers that children are to be enjoyed as a part of marriage and therefore loved and cared for appropriately. There wouldnt be such a big problem. In my opinion if you are ready for marriage, you are ready for babies.

How many of these kids come from broken homes to begin with? They have no concept of a secure family life...

I think its terrible that parents would put their babies/children in that situation..leaving them with total strangers for 3 1/2 days. Babies as young as the ones on the show are put under such huge stress when their attachments are broken. It is hard enough for babies of this age to go into daycare or be cared for by a nanny but at least these caregivers know what they are doing and understand the importance of attachments and belonging in their environment.

Yes babies are hard work and not all joy and roses, but I certainly dont think we should be trying to put off our future generations from having children. Maybe we should try teaching them good morals and the reasons for these morals instead.

Thats my opinion on the show.

Iam glad you said this. Seems no one thougth of the emotional damage done to the babies by seperating them from those they know and love. Babies need security at this age. Even at day care or with a nanny they are with a familar person. To leave them in an enviroment of total strangers for over 3 days is cruel. Early childhood experts say the damage done may be irrepairable. EVERY child avocacy group I know of has condemed the show for what they are putting the babies through.

I think the show is awful!

I think its terrible that parents would put their babies/children in that situation..leaving them with total strangers for 3 1/2 days. Babies as young as the ones on the show are put under such huge stress when their attachments are broken. It is hard enough for babies of this age to go into daycare or be cared for by a nanny but at least these caregivers know what they are doing and understand the importance of attachments and belonging in their environment.

Uwharrie, that is exactly what my concern with the show is as well. As a 4-year old, I was hospitalized for a week (major surgery), and my 2 younger siblings were farmed out to my parents' friends. My sister (now 38) was 2 at the time and she is positive that something happened during that created "issues" the rest of us don't deal with!

The show is a good laugh, but I would never ever hand over my child (if I had one) to a teenage couple. Even if I could see all of it. My mom would let my teenage cousins babysit me when I was a toddler for a couple hours and if she was near by, but never when I was a baby. But anyway, I think the parents in the show are trying to help show the teens that they aren't ready to become parents just yet. I especially liked it when the one father and mother had a heart to heart conversation with the one girl who wasn't speaking to her mother. But I think it is a good reality check for these teens. If they want little bundles of unconditional love, then buy a dog. Or a mini!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back