The annual Holstein Christmas Parade

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiLo Minis

Reaction score
This past weekend the Holstein, ON all animal Christmas parade took place. It was warmer than usual weather which meant a huge turnout to watch one of the largest parades held there ever. It is quite a spectacular parade with all floats pulled by horses and everyone riding, walking, leading, or carrying an animal. Unfortunately I didn't get a lot of photos as I was driving in the parade myself, and didn't get to see the entire parade, but here are a few.

Nick and Garnet Barnesdale getting ready to go. Kim was with us as well, that is Fleur in the middle.

Holstein1E-1.jpg

Polk all hitched and ready to go.

Holstein2E.jpg

One of the other entries in the parade.

Holstein3E.jpg

Polk with his snowflake antennas and myself in the starting lineup.

Holstein4E.jpg

Peter Vanderpost and his team in the starting lineup.

Holstein5E.jpg

.....and a few more!

One of the teams and it's outriders.

Holstein9E.jpg

Forum member Twister, Yvonne Mangan, and her daughter with their Minis.

Holstein7E.jpg

Another of the teams at the turnaround point.

Holstein6E-1.jpg

Myself and Polk at the turnaround.

Holstein8E.jpg

Looks like fun!! Thank you for sharing!! One year I really want to do a parade!!

That was a fun day, weather was good! The horses all behaved themselves. Fleur enjoyed showing off and pranced her way along the route, Peek dicovered he liked parades and trotted along on a mission. Duke however also loved the parade and even though it was their first one ever he treated it like he'd been in hundreds. Even stopping along the way to walk over and greet the bystanders. LOL There were lots of beautiful horses and teams. Lots turned out to watch the parade as well. I only got a couple of pics as my camera went kaput before we even got started.
default_sad.png

Nick with Peek A Boo:

154.jpg

Garnet with JEM Duke It Out (Duke)

155.jpg

Me with JEM Breeak N Pattern (Fleur)

156.jpg

Latest posts

Back