THANKSGIVING

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riverrose28

Reaction score
Only one week left till Thanksgiving, so I thought lets post three things daily that we are thankful for until the big day:

I'll start:

1. I'm thankful for my loving husband

2. I'm thankful for this glorious day

3. I' thankful for all of my friends.

OK you alls turn

PLease have fun with this, and no politics! Thats another forum.

Great post.

I am thankful for my wonderful 15 year old daughter and 9 year old son. I don't know what I did to deserve such good kids, but I am thankful for them each and every day.

I am thankful for my husband, he has come a long long way from the heck raiser twenty year old I met years ago. He is proof that anyone can change if they really want to, no matter what walk of life they came from.

I am thankful to be able to have another day to say my simple prayer, "thank you for the roof above our heads, the clothes on our backs, food in our bellies, and family and friends in our lives."

I am thankful God let me go outside and enjoy birds tweeting and warm sun on me and my animals' skin today (had small seizures last night).

I am thankful for my husband, who was given to me later in life, who shows me by example EVERY DAY what a healthy family is.

I am thankful for the gift of "rose colored glasses" that allow me to see the good in any situation...no matter how challenging....and realize the positive outcome may come later rather sooner, however it WILL come.

Thank you Riverrose for starting this thread! Julie

Last edited by a moderator:
This morning:

I'm thankful it's not raining.

I'm thankful that someone is here to help me move panels and feed horses

I'm thankful my grandson is going back to school

I am thankful for:

My husband, son, mom, dad..

My home

That we can pay our bills and buy some groceries now and then! LOL!

As Thanksgiving approaches I realize there is a lot to be thankful for, especially this year. Top on my list is to be thankful for the life of my husband, and I suppose for mine, as well. We could easily have been killed this past July when we rolled our truck. And, even though hubby had a broken neck, I am thankful that he is up and doing much better now. Besides, no one would have wanted all our stuff when they auctioned it off, anyway. LOL They would have thought "who needed all these chickens, anyway???"

Sometimes people complain about the little things. I'm cured of that now. As long as we have each other, all the other stuff is just that.....stuff. I'm thankful that we will have each other for a while yet.

Today (& everyday) I am thankful

1.that I grew up in the country, even if I did not appreciate it when I was a kid.

2.that we live in a place where we can have freedom of religion and are free to speak our minds

3. I am eternally thankful for every person that has pledged their lives to our freedoms, and can not even begin to put the gratitude into words for those soldiers and the families that never had and never will have the chance to be reunited in this lifetime.

Tuesday

I am thankful that it is gently raining, so our poor dry ground can absorb it and it doesn't just all run off.

I am thankful that I have access to this forum and it's people who are willing....like dixie_belle above, and Chance's pic on the CMHR threads.....to share their opinions and experiences so I can avoid feeling isolated and keep my petty troubles in perspective.

I am thankful I have EVERTHING I need. I have many things I want, however I really truly blessed to have all my needs....Julie

Great thread. I know that each of us here is blessed in a number of ways.

Personally, I am thankful for:

• My family, including those members with four legs
  • The TIME I get to spend with family
  • The best friend / constant companion that is my dog, Watson (okay, he is family but also a little bit of magic is in play and I must acknowledge it!)
  • That I was born an American
  • My career
  • That God made me smarter than the average bear
  • My hobbies and the ability to endulge in them -- horses being one of them!
  • My home and property (land, cars, toys)
  • That lung cancer wasn't the end of my time here

Like everyone here, I am grateful for my hubby, who I hope finally feels better next year, my 92 yo mom who is sharp as a tack and still insists on cooking the big dinners by herself, 2 daughters, 1 son, and 4 grandchildren. My 4 legged friends who keep me young. Living in this country and in the country. The ability to appreciate what I have and being happy with it. I wish everyone a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.

Good Morning all! Todays three things:

1. Abby, my elderly bully, didn't wake me last night to get in and out of bed, she let me sleep

2. I was born female so I could experience the joy of pregnancy, the miracle of birth, and the unconditional love of children

3. Born in America

Today (and everyday
default_yes.gif
) I'm thankful for

The sunshine comming in my windows!

That I'm healthy and happy

That my mom is fully healed from cancer and had her first "Normal" report in 5 yrs!!!!!
default_thumbup.gif
Thank you God!!!

Todays three:

I'm thankful that my friend that is ill, had a good day yesterday, not much pain

I'm thankful that another friend that had brain surgery pulled through

I'm thankful that I get to spend this day with hubby and the horses

TODAY!!!!!

Today is the 1 year anniversary of when my beloved husband got run over by a semi truck at work. I almost lost him that day. He wasn't able to work for about 5 months and he's been through h3LL and so have I, but we're still here. He's still lame and will be for the rest of his life.

I'm thankful to have my wonderful man.

I'm thankful I was able to have the operation in June that saved my life.

I'm thankful for REAL friends that show me that I AM worth caring about, that I'm loved.

Didn't get to post yesterday, so six things today!

I was thankful I found my lost best friend, and she came to visit. (Hadn't seen her since April, her family that lives with her told me she moved, and her numbers had been disconnected so I couldn't find her. Taped a note in plastic bag to her husband and twin brothers' headstone to give her my new phone number....so we found each other!!)

I was thankful it was sunny, not rainy as forecasted, so that my friend and I could enjoy the warm sun and my animals together.

I was thankful I could give her advice on how to integrate her new dog into her old dog's life a little better, and could trim their nails for her.

Today I'm thankful I'm not a greedy person.

I'm thankful I can donate a little something to CMHR.

I'm thankful that even though it's chilly and I'm a little sore, I can still take care of us and the animals without help...Julie

I am thankful that my husband has a bit more consulting work coming in, and has a few leads on new full time jobs (since employer closed its doors).

I am thankful that he has some great friends he has met over the years they all look out for each other if/when they need work or hear of an opening.

I am thankful we are all healthy.

I'm thankful for

My freezer full of beef

My vehicle, My Jeep! She's old(95) but I love her and I trust the old gal

God opening the door wide for me! So wide that it smacks me in the face and I have to go through it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Sunday all!

Todays list:

I'm thankful hubby avoided an accident last night on the way to my son-in-laws birthday

I'm thankful I got to get some hugs from my sister and brother-in-law

I'm thankful to have so many LB friends that share their thanks with me!

Love to all!

Today I'm Thankful....

For my husbands new job

That my sister is trying to make things right

For the little things that just get you by.....

Latest posts

Back