Thanks for the Great Advice

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JewelsOK

Reaction score
Thank you for the wise advice. In my very first post I asked about putting our gentle, sweet 15.1hh mare together with our soon to be new mini and most discouraged it.

Now I understand why. Yesterday our mare had had enough of this gelding that kept pinning his ears at her and turned tail and kicked him with both hind feet - WOW! I never in a million years would have expected this of her - ever!! She is so quiet and mild mannered, I am shocked, but now I know and I am so glad that I didn't learn this by having her turn on a mini. The gelding is fine (as is my daughter who was riding the gelding and her friend who was riding the mare at the time).

So, my mini is not home yet, but I have already learned a valuable lesson here!

BIG thanks!!

Julie

Julie, I'm glad that your daughter, her friend and the gelding are all okay! And I'm glad you didn't learn this lesson through a tragedy. As is so often repeated on this forum, with this situation everything is fine until it isn't.

I see the kicks my minis give one another just playing, and hate to imagine what such a playful kick from a full-size horse could do.

Perhaps this thread could be posted on the "Best of L'il Beginnings" board?

Mares are hormonal!
default_biggrin.png
Glad no one got hurt. :DOH!

Latest posts

Back