Thanks for everyone's help!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tuffsmom

Reaction score
I just wanted to tell everyone thank you again for all of their help! Tuff and I made our run to the vets office yesterday. He's NOT a dwarf (yay!)
aktion033.gif
and his pot belly is a combination of things. She told me not to be scared with the wormer on him, he needs Ivermectin every 2-3 weeks for about 3 months...he's pretty wormy. I was always afraid to overdo it with the wormer, but I was underdoing it.
sad.gif
She looked him over and said that all and all he was in good shape. It shocked me, he weighs only 43 lbs! She suggested I up my feed with him, but other than that and the worming, no worries. I feel much better now that she's reassured me. So the pudgy pot belly should be going away soon (yay again!).

Well isn't that all just wonderful news! We always worm 100 lbs over. For a 43 lb horse I'd worm 100 lbs or so. Now feed him well and love him, keep taking a stool sample once a month for a check up. Now, when do we get to see him?

Latest posts

Back