Thanks for a great website

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Renolizzie

Reaction score
Hithching Post #1 001.jpg

Hithching Post #1 028.jpg

I wanted to let everyone know that this is an awesome website. I lurked here for months while I was taking driving lessons and learning about miniature horses. I found my little guy and brought him home at the end of April.

I included a couple of photos with the post. I hope they show up when I post this topic. I think he is the cutest little guy. His name is Wiseguy. Apparently he is from a good breeder in Washington state. He is a 10 year old gelding. He is 31 1/2 inches tall and weighs about 200 pounds but he can pull me and hubby around the neighborhood. Mostly, it is just me and him out on the many dirt roads in my area.

I don't think I would have gotten a miniature horse if I hadn't had the opportunity to read the posts here at Lil Beginnings. Now, I feel as though I will never be complete again without a little horse out in back of the house. I love him!

We have made super progress in learning how to work together as a team. He has been a very sweet horse but he is spunkier than he looks. Still, a great horse for a beginner. I am quite fortunate.

He and I are really starting to get the hang of turning. I have a feeling that it is mostly about me learning how to communicate with the reins but, like I said, he is spunkier than he looks and, sometimes, he just doesn't want to turn for home. He wants to keep going. That is what I think, anyway:)

I have gotten some great help here by reading some of the topics. I also got some encouragement when I went through a rough patch with the whoa/stand. It helps a lot to have somewhere to turn to. The comments helped me sort out what was going wrong and gave me ideas on how to fix the situation.

Just wanted to say thanks to the website and all of its participants.

Welcome to the forum, and I am so happy to hear you have joined the ranks of those here that have also found LB so helpful and FUN to be a part of! It sounds like you have a wonderful little friend there, and are enjoying each other's company immensely!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back