Thankful kids and horses

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prairie ponies

Reaction score
Three miniature horses and three youth have a lot to be thankful for. This past fall a prominent AMHR/ASPC member was at our county fair. He contacted the 4-H leaders recently and expressed how impressed he was with the miniature/pony driving program in the county and the youth involved. He also felt that the quality of some of the horses that the cildren were working with could be improved and now he is helping with that! He donated two weanling colts and 1 yearling to the 4-H progrom. His only requirement was that the horses went to youth who did not have the resources or knowledge to purchase a horse of the quiality he was giving. He explained that these were not his best national show quality foals. I can tell you they are very nice. :) He needed to move them for barn space. Rather than taking these precious babies to an open sale barn where their future would be precarious he has given them to loving homes. The "boys" had not been handled much, It is amazing how in 5 days the "boys" and thier new owners have grown in trust and affection! This was certainly a great way to promote AMHR/ASPC. I tried to attach pictures of the boys and thier new owners, my skills are keeping me from dong that! I can tell you the pictures would make you smile or happy cry.

Latest posts

Back