THANK YOU!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Rule

Reaction score
A HUGE Thank you to Nila, of Sunquest Miniatures!!! Today we just brought home the mare My Way Serena!!! Thank you Nila for the opportunity to buy her! She is a full sister to our 2 year old Wynnie.

Okay, you gotta understand this...I first saw Serena in Nila's pasture 3 years ago. I said I wanted a mini like THAT!
new_shocked.gif
This mare moved like a dream!!! She is the driver's dream! Nila said something about prying her from her cold dead hands...now three years later Nila has allowed us to bring her home!!! I am honored beyond belief!

Serena is 5, and we are looking forward to breeding her next year. That will be the first official Lonely Mountain foal in 2007!! Dreams really do come true!!!

Kim R.

CONGRATULATIONS Kim!!!!

How Wonderful!!! A Dream Come True!!!
aktion033.gif

So nice to hear a happy post like this!! Thanks for Sharing!!!

Nancy
smile.gif

aktion033.gif
Congratulations on your new mare! Do you have some pictures you can share with us?
smile.gif

CONGRATULATIONS
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
on your new girl. Could we see her picture? I still think that should be a unwritten law.
wink.gif
.a new horse must be posted
wink.gif
Corinne

I'll work on pictures tomorrow...and maybe have someone post them for me...I just got in...had to have the vet over because my new girl just ripped a couple of places open on her face!!!
crybaby.gif
She got a bunch of stitches...and I have to watch her carefully to make sure she doesn't get infected! I still don't know how she did it! Kris checked out all over, and couldn't find where it happened...boy, she must be talented!!

So, I must ask for prayers for my new girl. Moving to a new place is hard...and she got just a bit freaked out over this. I'm watching her for signs of colic because of stress. Hopefully she will be okay. She's in a shed with good, strong panels locking her in. She just needs time to adjust.

Now I'm going out to rig up a light out there, so I can keep watch over her. Wish me luck!

Kim R.

Kim Rule said:
Nila said something about prying her from her cold dead hands...now three years later Nila has allowed us to bring her home!!!  I am honored beyond belief! 
Kim R.

468633[/snapback]

Oh no! Does that mean Nila has cold dead hands????
laugh.gif
(Bad joke)

Kim, I am so VERY EXCITED for you! Looking forward to seeing photos.

MA

Always a wonderful experience to end up getting one a person has had an eye on, for such a long time!
aktion033.gif
Mary

Kim,

Thank you for buying her.

I am so sorry that she went and hurt herself! I have never had her do anything like this. In fact, she has never seen a vet except for routine vaccinations. The poor girl!

I am so going to miss her. I just love this mare and her attitude. She is so sure of herself and what she wants and really smart too. Yep, I did say something about cold hands, but well, sometimes life throughs one a curve ball that makes them do things that they really don't feel like doing, and with us being forced to do some major downsizing and possibly have to get rid of all but one or two horses because of my mom's ongoing health issues, and well, there is not much I can do. There is one other mare that has picked me to be hers. It is my mom's mare, but I know enough to understand that there is a deep connection there that is on a totally different level. I would have had something similar to that with Serena I think, but with this other mare I know for sure as she has done some really unique things since the loss of Blossom last year. I can't ignore it any longer.

Boy does this really stink... I was in tears last night over this. We finally get the mares that we would like to have and raise them to breeding age, and then have to choose who to sell. But I have to look at some things and one is how many I can keep, and who will get the best homes and be loved better than I can do. And since I know you have liked her from day one that you saw her, well, I can live with that knowledge of knowing you have her.

And I am so glad that she is in your care. She will get a wonderful home where she is loved and well, honestly, she will have so much attention that I don't think I could give her what she will get from you.

I will stop by tomarrow afternoon and see how she is doing. And I know that I can see her if I really need to and that she will be with Beren and I know that she will remember him.

Hang in there and please do keep me posted on her. (((Hugs)))

I was up at 4:30 this morning checking on her...and saw a wonderful sight. She's in the shed, and there are gates across it. All the other horses were gathered around the gate. Wynnie was laying down. It looked like Bilbo was talking to Serena through the fence. It was very calm.

She looks fine...I'm going to go up and do some grooming...and then I'll ask Kris to take some pictures of her later on. Right now she's standing in the shed and watching the other horses eat. She has hay too, but I think she wants to be out with the others. Horses are such a herd animal...but I'm worried that she'll pull out some stitches
ohmy.gif
Later on I'll put the rest of the horses in the back yard, and then let her out to stretch her legs. I may put Bilbo out with her, just because he gets along with everybody, and then she won't feel lonely.

She is going to be such a GREAT addition to our family!!!

Kim R.

Latest posts

Back