Thank you, Buddy.

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaryFlora

Staff member
MHT Supporter
Reaction score
Lost our 30 year old, AMHR Bertrand's Irish Lad today, aka Buddy. Buddy was a wonderful black and white pinto with blue eyes and earned his Hall of Fame, before our time together. He’d been a part of our family about 15 years now, teaching our granddaughters all about jumping, hunting, and liberty.

Buddy was in great condition but Saturday,out of nowhere (at least for me) had a seizure, then another one today when our wonderful farrier was out. Our equally wonderful vet said at Buddy’s age, plus the sudden onset, he was confident in diagnosing a brain lesion, especially with two episodes so close together. And, of course, those are just two that were witnessed, there could have been others. In the best interest of Buddy, who he has known for many years, euthanasia was the only humane choice.

Thank you for letting me share. I know you understand.

Very sorry to hear you lost your Buddy. So heartbreaking. 😭 Sounds like he was a wonderful little guy and they truly are part of our families. With you in your sadness today. {{{Big hug}}}

Thank you all so much for your generous warmth and kindness.

You have helped a LOT, because you know that age doesn’t matter when it comes time to say “Good bye” to a friend.

Hugs!

❤❤❤

Thank you, Silver City. ❤ Even though you are all “cyber” friends, your kindness reaches straight to my heart.

Years ago, when our granddaughter just started showing Buddy, we’d gone to the annual AMHR/ASPC show in Winona, MN. A beautiful facility with everything you could possibly need/want including wash stalls with warm water and dryers. She walked Buddy in, who was old pro at all of this by now, and turned on the water. Buddy left 🤣. She forgot to clip his line to the standard.....the last time that happened. He gave her a merry chase and tour of the barn area. Thankfully there were quicker hands available and much good humor from others!

Buddy then went on and helped her place in the jumping and halter classes. 🤗

I am so very sorry for your loss. I am glad you have memories to tuck away in your heart for the hard days. Wish I was closer would come give you a hug, so here is one virtual.

Thank you, Ryan! I know it’s part and parcel of life, but I do miss both him and his morning whinny, deep and always the first one.

Hope all is well in your part of the world!

Latest posts

Back