Thank you all so very much

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrestigeMiniHorses

Reaction score
I am so sorry I have not been able to get on here and update you all on my status. But I am doing ok. I still am having a hard time coping. Its been very hard to do so thanks to my mother's family. They have done nothing but stress me out and everything. I have heard the worst things ever. I have seen them all blame others. Ask tons of questions. And I am afriad to say they have all even threatened others. I have been pushed to do too many things. I have had people say things to others that they are saying that I said. I am going to loose my mind. I am ever so grateful that I go to the doctor on Friday. I really am. I don't know what I would do without my forum family's support.

Kourtney, I am glad to hear from you. I wish things were better, and I wish there was something I could say or do to help. I am sure they all want answers, but sometimes we do not have, and never will have, the answers. Give them time to heal, but give yourself the distance you need to heal. Take care of yourself. I am glad you are going to the doctors.

We are here for you, if there is anything you need.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately the loss of a family member sometimes brings out the ugly when it should bring out support and love
default_no.gif
. Cling to those that are supportive and let them help,and of course the little 4 legged critters are great listeners. I know we don't know each other but if I can help in any way please just ask.

Kourtney....Ive been thinking about you and hoping you are doing OK. I'm glad you posted. People cope in different ways and unfortunately, not always in very positive ways. Please try not to listen to negative comments, which I know can be hard to do especially when it affects you personally. I am glad you are going to your Dr. If you need to, ask him/her for help (counseling and/or meds)...it's OK to do so!! (((HUGS)))

Last edited by a moderator:
Your in my prayers and as othrs have said....sometimes we see the worst in people. Do what is right for you and you will have to learn to ignore the bad things that people do. It just is not worth your time AND energy. Think positive and see the good!
default_saludando.gif

You're going to get through this Kourtney.
default_cheekkiss.gif
Going to the doctors will be a good thing. He can go over all the different ways to cope with this.

Take care,

Debbie

Hang in there, gal, we are all praying for you! It's such a shame that at a time like this, family members often wind up shredding each other, when they really should try to help each other heal. If it helps, try to remember that your mother's family are feeling as hurt and confused as you are, and really aren't responsible for anything they say. Every one of you is like one big, raw, nerve ending, and even things that were meant to be harmless comments can wind up hurting someone's feelings. Just think "If (he/she) was thinking straight, they never would have said that," and try not to dwell on it.

There will come a time when the pain is not as all-consuming as it is now. Until that time, try to focus on what needs to be done right now. Sometimes, there can be something soothing about doing something as mundane as cleaning stalls, other times, it pays to let someone else do it. You need to put your energy into things that help you get through this. Animals can be great therapy, the right people can be, too!

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

Latest posts

Back