Texas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just heard from my family at Lake Jackson Texas, down by the Gulf Coast. They

are being evacuated to College Station. So hoping all will be safe.

Vicky

I just added this Help needed from the little beginning sales ads I saw today--also added to the hurricane thread. Can someone help them out.

ID# : 16541 Date posted : Sep 21, 2005

Price: none

Ad Type : Miniature Horses & Items -> z Announcement! z

City, State/Province : El Campo,Texas

We live in El Campo and are in the middle of having storm Rita. We are looking for a place to take our miniature horses out of the storm path north of Elcampo. We have 9 mares, 1 gelding and 2 stallions. I am afraid for our horses. Telephone is 979-578-0063. Thanks You

Contact Information: Contact Phone: Phone: 979-578-0063

Contact E-mail: Contact: [email protected]

Home Page

I am going to meet my friend who lives near Houston, to pick up her daughter and bring her here with us tonight.

Waiting to hear from hubby to see when he will be flying in from Colorado and hoping I can go south on the hwy. to the airport tomorrow.
wub.gif

Opps, just saw the other tread. Just please be careful. Please if you need to leave, please do so. Just be safe and Prayers

Vicky

Have to add this...went to the closest walmart earlier, about 30 miles away.

I got the last case of bottled water, 10 gal. of drinking water, just in case, (they were almost out) there were no c or d batteries, and only about 10 flashlights in the entire store.

It was crazy. And this is a walmart that is NEVER packed. Not even at Christmas.

Kinda got me in a panic along with everyone else. Trying to just focus on getting my friends daughter, who is like another one of my own, and getting my hubby here.

Whiskey Ranch, 45 is already a parking lot going N, so be preparred
wacko.gif
Mom lives in Tomball, wasnt planning on coming up till thurs night but is already on her way. Was warned that her 2 hr drive could take 5+ yeahhh NOT! Best of luck!

whiskeyranch said:
Have to add this...went to the closest walmart earlier, about 30 miles away.I got the last case of bottled water, 10 gal. of drinking water, just in case, (they were almost out) there were no c or d batteries, and only about 10 flashlights in the entire store.

It was crazy. And this is a walmart that is NEVER packed. Not even at Christmas.

Kinda got me in a panic along with everyone else. Trying to just focus on getting my friends daughter, who is like another one of my own, and getting my hubby here.

470982[/snapback]

Yes, Walmart and Lowes here in Tomball are out of all those items as well. Local gas stations are running out of gas, too.

As of now we're planning to "button down the hatches" and watch the news closely to see if we need to change our plans.

[SIZE=14pt]Well, we got a generator and some water and we have a wind up radio and food and our home is built up on piers in case of flooding(we live on a creek). If creek comes out of its bank we will need to bring the two minis upstairs to live with us till waters recede! hearing hoofbeats on your balcony at 3am is a real thrill!! Went through flooding 4 years ago with tropical storm Allison; we had 45 inches in the downstairs; but home is built on piers so all our living area is upstairs. [/SIZE]

Our 1.5 acres does have many large old trees with forest across the street and behind us. so help me pray that the grand old trees stand these winds.

Husband is very handy man and in good health. We will get his mother and her 92 yr old sister to come and stay with us if it looks bad. I'm just a mile north of Houston in Spring, TX. So we may get some high wind.

Thanks for praying for all of us and for my "cowboy" and "liberty". She is just a yearling so having her in the house may be an "exciting" time. Cowboy stayed on the balcony for 5 days and nights 4 years ago and he and the bird dog did very well. If the wind is not too strong will do the same but if wind strong and no flooding then they can both stay in downstairs garage and/or gameroom

Hey... wanted to add for everyone here on the Texas coast. If you are looking for water, don't forget places like Home Depot and Lowes... Wal-mart and like stores were completely out, but I went to Home Depot and they had several hundred cases still...

Chris

Keep safe all you Texas people who may be in "Rita's" path. We will be thinking of you and your animals and praying everything will be ok.

Joyce

Back