Texas Update

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskeyranch

Reaction score
This may very well be the last time I can get on here for awhile.

I met my Houston friend last night at around 9pm to get her daughter and bring her up this way. I had to go to 3 gas stations just to fill up. Everyone is out of gas.

I have never seen such a stream of vehicles on these "back" roads. Horse trailers, campers, cars with boxes tied on top. Really weird feeling.

Already having trouble getting online, making phone calls, etc. I guess the phone lines are just clogged up. Hoping school here will be cancelled, just want to have everyone with me.

My hubby is flying in from Colorado, he has to come into Dallas and rent a car to drive south. I know he is worried if he is coming home!

We decided I could get stuck going north and the freeways are quickly closing down going south.

They are saying we could have up to 90 mph winds here in East Texas.

To everyone in the path, please be safe, and get prepared. I am a lover of the beach and storms, and I am seriously getting nervous.

I never thought that I may one of the people here who may need help in the near future.
bye-sad.gif
Everyone pray for Texas.

Prayers cominig from here...have a sister and family in Corpus Christi..can't find gas to leave...lives in the bluff right on the water..praying they can get out....school wants them to stay behind at school .I pray they don't....

Prayers being sent for all. Please be careful!

God bless

Fran

Please stay safe everyone! Our thoughts are with all of you! jennifer
saludando.gif

whiskeyranch--let us know you are OK as soon as you can and if/what kind of help you need after the storm!

Last edited by a moderator:
we, too are getting a little nervous.....wondering just how far inland it will affect...I have one friend already coming and another lady who I sold a horse too ,who may be coming also(isn't it a small world) unfortunetly we don't have stalls ..but do have a big pasture....maybe I should change our name to Noahs Ark!!! So,counting my 9, so far it looks like 16 plus horses...6 dogs 4 cats 6 goats...please keep us in your thoughts.....and all those who don't have a place to go.....

Tie everything down and make yourselves as safe as you possibly can. We will all be with you in spirit, and our prayers will be with all the way through. Hang tight, everyone. and good luck.
cheekkiss.gif

Even up here 300+ miles inland looks like we're going to have 2 or 3 days of nothing but rain. Wouldn't want to try and ride this out, and can't imagine what all the folks leaving the coast are going through right now- clogged roads, no gas and wondering if there will be anything to go home to.
no.gif

Anyone coming up this way from East TX is welcome to drop in and have some coffee with us.... we can't put anyone up for the night, but I do make a mean red velvet cake and a respectable pot of coffee.
biggrin.gif

Larry and I are sending prayers to everyone in south Texas.........We just said to eachother that if we lived closer we would be openning up our stalls and making pasture room.

Unfortunately we live in Oregon. If anyone in the REALLY off chance wants to truck their animals up here, we are here and our doors are open!

MA

The phone lines are bad when you try to call down into that area. We spent all day yesterday trying to call some friends with minis down there......finally got through today. They are just west of Houston and have evac plans for their horses.

we're just praying this one downgrades a lot and just GOES AWAY!

Take care all and please check in when you can.

Charlotte

Our thoughts are certainly with all of you. I hope Rita does not cause as much damage as they are worried about, and I hope all can stay alive and safe.

My best wishes,

Liz M.

[SIZE=12pt]We are also preparing for hurricane Rita. We are about 35 miles due West of Houston, right off Interstate 10, which is bumper to bumper traffic going slow! I think they are going to have both sides of I 10 going West soon.[/SIZE]

It looks like Rita is starting to turn right a little bit, so we may not have as high of winds as they were predicting we would have yesterday, which were 110 MPH!

All the minis, the old pony Smokey, the mini donk and Alpacas will have a stall inside the barm. My Percheron mare will be able to go into a large stall that is in the loafin' shed off the back of the barn, but I won't shut her up in there as she has never been stalled before and could easily walk through the fence if she had a mind too. My Quarter Horse, Cody would, if I closed him in there. The calves will have to come up into the pasture and area behind the barn, it should be sheltered pretty good there.

I may feel that I need to bring the little Biscuits into the house with us; guess we will just see what happens. It is very scarey for me, as I have never even seen a tornado, little lone a hurricane!
new_shocked.gif

Everyone please stay safe!

We need your good thoughts and prayers, THANK YOU!!

Janell & the Biscuits

Its starting to get ugly around here too. People are panicking and fighting at Wally World over a loaf of bread! Our town is supposedly out of gas, no wonder no one was at them on the way home tonight. I did pick up a ton of shavings to put down at the openings of the barn, I know we are going to flood there for sure. I do pray everybody gets far enough inland when Rita hits and that we dont get hit by any tornados.

((( HUGS ))) and serious prayers to all you and your families and animals! Will watch to see you on here with updates!

Carl and Maxine in Michigan

Best of luck to all who are in Rita's path.

Four more days and I'll be out of hurricane country (but who's counting).

Latest posts

Back