TEXAS QUARANTINE FACILITY

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilse

Reaction score
The is Little Jack , a 10 day old colt that lost an eye at a certain Texas Quarantine Facility

Wanna know the whole story -PM me....

infected eye colt.jpeg

COLTRANSOM.jpg

Is the eye still open or has the colt received treatment and had it stitched/fused shut? While operations can be as extensive as those for humans and a prostecic eye can be implanted, less expensive procedures that use mesh under the lid that is fused shut will give the eye a filled out look, all of which is for aesthetics. Having a horse with one eye, I will say that simply going with the stitched/fused shut eye suffices, keeps debris out of the socket/lids and is not quite so gruesome to look at. I am so sorry this little fella has to go through this,and while I would wish this no one, a horse can manage remarkably well with limited vision. Hope he has follow up care and he at least gets the socket properly closed up.

Gosh that makes me sick! If it is the same one I'm thinking of and most likely is, she killed one of mine!!!!!

I'm so sorry that this happened to your colt. I think it's terrible!
default_sad.png

That is awful and yes, the eye needs to be sewn shut to prevent severe infections. Why would anyone keep using this facility? I dont get it.

That is terrible--poor little colt!

There have actually been warnings posted on here previously about this facility--don't remember just how long ago. After those stories were posted I hadn't heard anything more; I thought perhaps people had stopped using the facility. Unfortunately I guess that is not the case.

I am very sorry that I didnt know of her "reputation" sooner.... and I feel very guilty that I left my horses in her care....

I was a "big" client of hers, not only did she ship several horses of mine to Europe but her studfarm also boarded several mares to be bred and foaled out. I always paid my bills and boarding on time nevertheless due to her neglecting care, a 10 day old foal lost his eye "just being on the grass" without any explanation to what happened. Furthermore eventhough the "accident" happened on her farm and in her care, she refused to take responsibility for what happened because she didnt have insurance. I wanted my horses out to get the little one to a vet but she she refused to release them...

My mare and colt were rescued by the Texas and Southwestern Cattle Raisers Association 2 months later… They legally ordered their immediat release...

They were very skinny and emanciated due to malnourishment and starvation...

this mare only arrived at her facility Mid January 2013 and by end of May 2013 (4 ½ months later) she was very underweight and full of worms ...

my guess, she was never fed !!!! how else could this have happened ???

It was also clear that the colts’ eye injury was never treated (eventhough I paid 994 usd for socalled vet costs) …

The colts’ eyeball was completely destroyed and very heavily infected with puss running out of it... an urgent surgery was needed to remove what was left of the eye and to close the eyelid. This poor, little colt at 2 months old when he was rescued was soo light, you could still pick him up!!

As to my horses, I have everything documented should anyone choose not to believe me….

Latest posts

Back