Texas Hold 'em sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you for the great responses so far to the sale.

The reason that the heights were not always announced during the preview is because the horses were measured as they went into the ring. Sometimes the handler forgot to mention it to Alison (pedigree reader) and therefore it wasn't announced to the viewers. All of the heights were updated in the sales catalog this evening before we left the facility.

There are two horses that measured over by .5" that will be re-measured in the morning. These are extremely fat broodmares that would likely measure in without the hair, the fat on their back and with a little less heel. Their heights will be adjusted in the catalog online should they change after being remeasured.

Yes, it was also announced that three measurers would measure the horse if requested. It has already been done on horse #28 I believe, and those heights were posted in his description on the catalog.

Also, somemone asked if anyone would bid on a pregnant mare that measured 34.5" - I would. That 1/2" is so iffy, it's not worth worrying about IMO, but that's me. Again - if you really like one of the horses and you have any doubts ask for the three measurements.

We are re-running the preview online, as it was easier than bringing every horse back for those that missed them. Just go back to the cam page and it will load the preview of horses. Hope you enjoy!

The prices will be updated in the online catalog, so if you miss the sale, or you miss a price, visit the catalog for the info.

Reminder - there are seminars at 9 am CST (yawn) so tune in if you would like to watch.

silly me.... where do i find this sale online? never mind I found it!!! Now how do i register for a bidding number? Christmas is coming and i have spotted something i like!@!!

Last edited by a moderator:
silly me.... where do i find this sale online? never mind I found it!!! Now how do i register for a bidding number? Christmas is coming and i have spotted something i like!@!!
They accept the request for bidder numbers online at http://www.marestare.com/forms/bidderdiamond.html Once the form is received Quinn will contact you with your bidder #. Or you can call her directly at 574-265-5293. Since the phones may be busy it's better to get a number now, and the form is the clearest way for us to handle it.

Hope you can join us.

Wish I had time to just go watch.
default_sad.png
So many beautiful horses... sigh.

Maybe next year after we get this ship off the ground. :D

OK wasn't going to buy BUT I couldn't help it.

We purchased Rolling Ridges Resurrection- Dam to LM Holly Hawk and tickled pink to get her. She maybe a little older but she had a heck of a show career and is a great producer!

Guess who I am going to cross her on!!

If someone sees something they really want, I can pick them up and keep them here until transport is arranged. I want to buy some horses!!!!! I cannot believe the driving team went for $1000!!!! (yes, that was for BOTH!!)

OMG. The res world champ driving mare sold for $900. I'm going to cry (because I'm broke and can't even bid) I need to just stop watching!!

There were some great bargins to be had. Also nice to see well bred horses with show records selling for good prices. Show that quality will bring good money!

I forgot about the auction and turned it on just in time for the auctioneer to say "thanks everybody, Don't forget to pay for your horses." and then the camera shut off!

Seems like there were some nice, well bred horses in the sale. The higher prices seem to reflect the quality of the horses but still looks like there were some good deals to be had.

I was VERY VERY BAD!! I bought 2!! I was lucky enough to get Lot # 9 Top Cat daughter, as well as Lot # 53, BTU Daughter!!! Both buckskins. I am thrilled!!

Thank you Heather and Jana for bringing the sale to our homes! It was excellent feed and audio. It was nice to see why the horses are nice the prices are there!

What an awesome sale! Beautiful horses-all very well presented and all quality horses.

Ohhh how I wish I could've taken home a few of them!

We helped run up about 4 mares but didn't get to bring them home. Congratulations to those that got them! There were some nice opportunities there........

It was a good thing money and space are a factor. If I had been able to go to the sale there were 22 horses I liked and I would have easly spent upwards of $65,000.
default_new_shocked.gif
Plus shipping them all to where ever I would have a farm big enough to house them all. It is a good thing I am not rich because I sure would not be after a few of those sales.
default_sad.png

Congratulations to all those that got wonderful horses. I was pleased to see the high prices for the quality horses. Not that others weren't quality mind you but those you expected to bring the price tag did. Good for the industry! And some prices were also a surprise but with the delay in feed, it was too late to jump in and call as we were probably 2 horses behind! LOL

Great sale and the lineup of horses were pretty impressive. We wasted the entire day unfortunately sitting in front of that computer. LOL

We helped raise the numbers on several - always kicking ourselves soon as we hung up. It's a looong way from TX to MD. LOL We may have bid higher had we been there to see them in person - always tough for us with dial up as we have a frozen screen 80% of the time and sound/audio only when the screen isn't frozen. We have to solely depend on the announcer for the info.

Great job Double Diamond, Marestare and everyone that had a hand in this sale. I for one think it was a great sale for the end of the year.

Latest posts

Back