Texas Equine Dental Law

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Reaction score
I am sorry. I was out of town and Carl asked me to reply to the thread and then I had computer trouble so couldn't respond until now. Since the thread is now so long I wanted to start a new one to clarify and not be buried in the thread.

This law is a good one for "our side". It is the best that we could get after four years of law suits and hearings and court. Carl is satisfied with it and is actually on the committee to oversee the future implementation of the law. It requires that your dental practicioner have a relationship with a vet on whom he can call if needed. The vet is NOT required to be on premise, which was one of the main sticking points in our years of negotiations. There will be continuing education and the dental organization of which Carl is currently president will have a large part in the licensing and education of practicioners.

Thousands of dollars and hundreds of hours were spent to get us to this point. It is not perfect but it is much much better than what we could have been faced with. There are many excellent practicioners and many excellent vets. Find what works best for you and stick with them.

That is great then, thank you Tony!

Thank you Tony for letting us know about this. Sounds like the two sides have come to a great compromise. That helps to ease the average owners stress level on getting teeth floating done.

Hi Tony,

I knew once the dust settled, you would get on here and explain the new law! Thanks for starting this new thread! I know a lot of horse owners that will have a better understanding about the law now!

Thanks again

Bill

Thanks for clarifying Tony, much better explanation than I could give.

Jan

Latest posts

Back