tetanus shots

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you had a bad reaction to it, most doctors will recommend to never have that shot again. I would certainly talk to your dr. about it first of course. I'm allergic to the P in DPT and had a bad reaction as a baby. I abscessed really bad and was sick from it (runs in my family too). They told my mom that I should never have it again. Well a year and a half ago i went to the dr. for a routine check up. They asked when my last Tetnus was and i said i didn't know but i was pretty sure i was up to date.. well they insisted i have another one so i said "ok". I've never had any problems with Tetnus other than for swelling and pain in the arm where injected (not uncommon). Well they gave me DPT and then handed me the paperwork after and i knew I had a problem. LOl My face swelled up and got hivey and an abscess started forming. Had to take preventative anitibiotics to ward off the abscess. I was NOT impressed they gave me the 3 way shot without telling me first.

I'm also quite allergic to the Rabies shots. I was exposed to a rabid horse and had to go throught eh series. this was so important to have that they just pre-medicated me with high doses of anti histamines and although i still reacted not nearly as bad. if it's something important to have they may opt to do that instead or pull a titer to see if your immunity is up for it.

Actually I just got a tetanus shot a couple of months ago. I got it a couple of months ago after I had a screwdriver go through my finger
default_new_shocked.gif
while I was building my 2 new stalls. I went to the ER 3 days after I got cut because my finger was turning black. They asked me when the last tetanus shot was and I couldn't remember so they gave me one. They said that my arm would feel like it got hit with a hammer the next day. Well, the next day my arm didn't hurt but my wrist did. It has hurt ever since.

Latest posts

Back