tested my black & white mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellerroseintx

Reaction score
dang it.. :DOH! she came back the same as my stallion..nO..........so I was VERY lucky and VERY stupid/uninformed when I bred her to my guy before they were tested....I admit that..bad girl
default_sad.png
Although her foal did NOT die from being a LWO....it still was a bad choice..so now what do I do....I guess I sell her??????...which is hard cause she was the one who came here unsocialized, spookey and with a horrible sunburned face..all cracked oozing and bleeding..(and from a reputable breeder..shame.)..but now she is my sweet sweet girl..what do I do? I only have one stallion and only limited space for mares......my intelligent side tells me to sell her ..and find a reg mare to replace her...gosh now I am crying...my human side tells me to just keep her....... I don't know what to do....

well...baring my soul today
default_no.gif

If you love her and she's what you want in a broodmare; simple, keep her and breed her to an outside LWO- stallion. You're in TX there has to be breeders fairly close to you that offer stud service on quality stallions that have tested negative for LWO.

I would probably keep her if she were mine and find another stallion (not LWO +) and breed her to him next year!!!
default_wink.png

You can always stud out your stallion to LWO - mares too!!!
default_smile.png
Good luck and don't be too hard on yourself
default_biggrin.png

Well, that's not very good news for your situation. You are talking about Double Stuff, right. She's beautiful. Possibly you could find someone you would want to make a trade with. Good luck with whatever decision you make.

Sometimes you have to keep the ones that are so wrapped around your heart.
default_wub.png
Their job is simply to give you joy.

Sometimes you decide to keep them--then out of the blue a perfect home comes along and your heart is ready to let them go...

Follow your heart--that is why most of us are in this anyway, right?
default_smile.png

I am sorry.

Think on it awhile. You will find it in your heart to know what to do.

Peggy

I agree! Don't sell her, find an outside stallion to cross her with. I have a few stallions whom I had in years before used when I had a larger herd of mini mares as I felt they were better crosses then my current stallion. The resulting foals I ended up keeping now make for an excellent cross on my latest purchase and it all worked out really quiet well!

Sometimes you have to keep the ones that are so wrapped around your heart.
default_wub.png
Their job is simply to give you joy.

Sometimes you decide to keep them--then out of the blue a perfect home comes along and your heart is ready to let them go...

Follow your heart--that is why most of us are in this anyway, right?
default_smile.png

Thank you...that was amazing advice and so very true...

and thank all who have commented..I will have to think on this...

they sure get to you don't they

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep her and breed to an outside stallion. You'll get new blood, and keep your girl!

We are close and have stallions, there are many around here that stand to outside mares, too. You find her a good "husband"!!

Lucy

I would probably keep her and either breed to an outside stallion, or buy another stallion that is negative for her!
default_wink.png

Now you also know that the foals out of both the stallion that is a carrier and her can pass that on to their offspring as well.

I looked at your site, both your stallion and mare are gorgeous! It would be a hard decision for sure. Good luck

Maybe find her a job? If you love her why does she just have to keep being a babymaker?
default_wub.png

Latest posts

Back