Terrier and hens

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is a short video of our rat terrier shooing the girls. Every evening, no matter where they are on the property, at 5 o'clock they come up to stand around on the porch. Needless to say, we are not happy with them on the porch or scratching in the flowerbeds. And they never forget when it's 5 o'clock. So Buddy has become quite a good shooer.

Love it! My dachshund helps me round up the rooster when he gets too rowdy for me.

love this! I don't like mine scratching in my flower beds or herb garden either. Mine have scratched up and torn all the weed barrier I put down years ago. The stupid armadillos cut up every soaker hose I've ever put down and the chickens just make a mess. Good dog! lol

I don't know if he would stand up to a mean rooster.
If the rooster got real ugly I'm sure mine would hightail it outta there. He just gets puffy chested and flaps at me if he doesn't feel like being told to go back to the coop. He's never spurred or attacked us. He doesn't give the weenie dog any trouble. Hank (dog) just nips at his tail as he heads back to the coop.

I love that this is two fold for you guys. Number one, the dog gets the poopy hens off the deck for you and number two, the dog seems to be having a blast!

Latest posts

Back