Temp in my room

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bfogg

Reaction score
It is 96 degrees in my room here at school today. I am in a .....well plastic room that was added onto the front of the building many years ago and the sun sure loves this spot.

The room has gotten up to 104 before. Kids whine ( I use that term because really thats what they do and i don't blame them at all) and all I can say to them is it's hot everywhere. I Let them have their water and offer a light snack. Remember this is the kicked out of class room..so can't ruin my image by being to nice.
default_no.gif

I have a fan set up and I feel lucky to have that, of course I bought it. And I remind them that if they had chosen not to give the teacher a hard time they would be in a cooler room.
default_wink.png

A lot of people have to work outside in this, so whenever i get to thinking I have it tough I think of them and tell myself I am pretty darn lucky
default_yes.gif

How you people down south stand it month after month I don't know! I tip my hat to you
default_aktion033.gif

Now I only have another hour when the kids for detention come.

AND ONLY 9 MORE DAYS AND SCHOOL IS OUT!!!!!!!

And another positive for me to think of this is kind of the equivalent of a sweat box? Maybe lose a pound or 2..........
default_aktion033.gif

default_wub.png

Bonnie

That's just WRONG..........And let me clue you in on something.....IF sweating had anything to do with weight, I would be a skeleton!
default_biggrin.png
Here's hoping those 9 days go fast.

That's just WRONG..........And let me clue you in on something.....IF sweating had anything to do with weight, I would be a skeleton!
default_biggrin.png
Here's hoping those 9 days go fast.

Carol

I laughed right out loud!
default_wink.png
That was funny.

Bonnie I feel for you! My granddaughter had baseball playoffs this weekend, 10 am and 2:30 pm! We sprayed the kids down with ice water. It was insane to ask these 6 & 7 YO kids to play ball in that heat. They have another game in 2 hours and it is 97 here now.

I used to be able to stand the heat. Old age is not conducive to heat....
default_wink.png

Oh Bonnie, You have my Sympathy! Our school doesn't have air. Our classrooms get darn hot. I too have several fans, but it wears on you! Worse is the winter/spring when they decide to turn the heat off. I had it down to 49 in my room. I was almost frozen!
default_smile.png
Kids in extreme temps makes for a non-fun time!

Its been so hot here! 4 days in a row, i can't take it anymore!! I stayed home today b/c i had no energy. I do VERY bad in the heat. I had to go to the barn yesterday and i had to spray my self w/ the hose a couple of times. Tomorrow is supose to feel like 100 degrees. Thank god my school is freazing. they turn off the heat in like, march. !!

LOL Carol. After sweating all week clipping horses and sweating at the horse show I should have lost 50 lbs!! I feel for ya bonnie. I hate being hot but being hot plus kids?? NOOOOOOO

Right now I would love to have that temp. Seems like we are lucky and "cooking" if we make it out of the 60's

That really stinks, i do not handle heat well, at all
default_biggrin.png
. What is worse, clipping and the heat both combined, now that is what really is a nightmare. Even with fans on it doesnt hep. Im very temped to enclose one of the emtry stalls and insulate it and put an AC in it and make it my "clipping stall"
default_smile.png
. Maybe next year
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

I remember back in high school, half of the school was air conditioned and the other half was not. I remember after my freshman year, when it was time to sign up for classes for the following year, i remember taking into consideration which half of the school that had AC and what classes were on that half.

Its 94 degrees today :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It's daily life down here (minus the room full of kids - my hat's off to you!
default_smile.png
)

Lots of A/C, stay in as much of the day as possible.....and work horses at night. I don't manage the heat nearly as well as I did when I was young.

Jan

Mine too, Bonnie. It was 95 today and it was hotter than that in my upstairs classroom. I have one fan in there so we just sweat our buns off. They even canceled outdoor recess due to temps today.

When one walks into my school, it's pretty cool downstairs in the morning at least, then one can feel the temp increase about 5 degrees as one walk up the stairs...then it goes up another 5 as one walks into my room. It's bad.

Supposed to break tomorrow. Thank goodness.

Guess it really hot pretty much all over!!!!

The school does all it can to make our lives as good as possible but it's just dang hot!

Oh lord i think of these poor pregnant mares...... I wish i could scoop them all up and put them in an air conditioned barn.

Hmmmm wouldn't an old fashioned orange julius taste good right now, a real one?

God bless all you teachers oout there i don't see how you do it day after day, plus handle the parents. Your all saints I swear.

I remember the long 4th of July weekend a few years back. Larry was putting on a new metal roof and i held it in place while he attached it. So i made every trip up and down the ladder that he did. He lost 15 lbs!!!!!!!

I LOST 3 DAYS.......darn sometimes being female sucks!

Try to stay cool everyone and keep lots of nice cool water in front of your animals, heck that sounds good to me.

love ya all!

Bonnie

Guess it really hot pretty much all over!!!!

The school does all it can to make our lives as good as possible but it's just dang hot!

Oh lord i think of these poor pregnant mares...... I wish i could scoop them all up and put them in an air conditioned barn.

Hmmmm wouldn't an old fashioned orange julius taste good right now, a real one?

God bless all you teachers oout there i don't see how you do it day after day, plus handle the parents. Your all saints I swear.

I remember the long 4th of July weekend a few years back. Larry was putting on a new metal roof and i held it in place while he attached it. So i made every trip up and down the ladder that he did. He lost 15 lbs!!!!!!!

I LOST 3 DAYS.......darn sometimes being female sucks!

Try to stay cool everyone and keep lots of nice cool water in front of your animals, heck that sounds good to me.

love ya all!

Bonnie
Ha! That is hilarious! 15 lbs vs. 3 days... Was that the three days you worked, or the three you recovered on!
default_smile.png
:DOH!

Latest posts

Back