tell me what to do on my mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellerroseintx

Reaction score
yup, me again...Bay B is driving me NUTS!!!!!
unsure.gif
she is either LATE or was bred the day before I got her which would make her due TODAY.....

Vet said May-July

she has white milk

has dropped

..was going to run her to the vet again but do not want to chance hauling her when she is so close(?)....

she was pastured with my stallion who is a yearling..could there be a possibility HE bred her?

Am I just too anxious????

She foaled last May and I bought her in Sept..she had a huge dripping hot bag at that time..would she have been in heat just before????

Sorry for so many questions just wish someone had a crystal ball
wub.gif

and could hold my hand and tell me all is ok....and not to worry

[SIZE=14pt]Actually , yes your colt could have bred her....... She could have been like my one mare that only cycles when her foal is weaned. Sounds like they pulled the baby off and sent you the mare if her bag was hot and still dripping milk.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Maybe you could try some milk test strips.

I think when you least expect it, your mare will foal.

How about trying to pretend that you are ignorring her, and go about your daily chores and tell her that you are leaving for Walmart and won't be back for 6 hours.....then drive off in your truck, so that she thinks you left, but hide it around back so she thinks you are gone. Then creep and sneak back up and spy on her??????
flirt.gif
flirt.gif
flirt.gif
flirt.gif
flirt.gif

I say go for the trailer ride around the block and sit in the trailer with her. I hear it's an experience every horse owner should have anyway!

If she's that close, then the trailer ride might help!

Well if you got her in Sept and she was with there stallion it is possible she is due any time now.. not much help i know hang in there it will happen
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back