Tell me about your hotel/motel horror stories!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL! I can't get the little icons up-but here's a couple of the little rolling around laughing guys invisibly!!!!!! Letterhead!!!!!!

Good for you,Romewhip!!

How times have changed! Back in the '70s, when we showed every year at the NM State Fair, driving up from 80 miles away…my 'horsey'friend from our town and her kids, and I with mine(at least after they got old enough), would stay in some '40s-era motels on East Central Ave.(AKA part of the original Route 66) in Albuquerque). They were inexpensive, and VERY basic, but then, still clean and safe, and we never had any problems. By the time we moved up here, that had changed…and now, both of the ones we used to use have been demolished, after garnering bad reputations for both their clientele and state of increasing disrepair…kinda sad, really.

Margo

I work at the front desk of the largest hotel in ND....my hotel horror stories are of a different kind.

Be easy on us, our days are filled with undue yelling and a lot of ridiculousness. I've been in the service industry since 16 and this is by far the most mentally taxing position I've had. I get to meet a lot of wonderful people as well, though!
default_smile.png

I work at the front desk of the largest hotel in ND....my hotel horror stories are of a different kind.

Be easy on us, our days are filled with undue yelling and a lot of ridiculousness. I've been in the service industry since 16 and this is by far the most mentally taxing position I've had. I get to meet a lot of wonderful people as well, though!
default_smile.png
ohmt, this thread is nothing personally against you. If the motel that you work at is nice and clean and accommodating, then you have nothing to be worried about, but if it rents rooms that are like these mentioned in this thread, I will side with the patrons every time.
default_yes.gif

My story was from a hotel in Tulsa while we were there for nationals. We brought our LQ trailer and stayed on the grounds, but because we have a FULL 3 day (14-16 hr days) drive to get back to Washington State from Tulsa, I wanted to make sure we had a GOOD night's sleep, so the last night we decided to get a hotel room. We don't generally care if it's super fancy, just clean and safe. So we went to I *think* a Super 8 not far from the grounds. We checked in just before dinner and were only in the room a few minutes before heading out to have a nice dinner and celebrate a great nationals. The room wasn't super clean and I was fairly certain that there were dead bugs in various places on the floor, but for whatever reason, we didn't want to deal with it right at the moment and left. We had a great evening and came back. The hotel was 2 floors and the entrance to the room was on the exterior of the hotel (rather than going inside to get to your room), and our room was on the 1st floor. So as we are coming around the side of the building, we see several cop cars, not good. But as we pull up in front of our room, directly above our room on the 2nd floor, there are 3 police officers, 2 on 1 side of the door and 1 on the other, with GUNS DRAWN, clearly about to go into this room. As we pull up with a look of horror on our face, the officers motion for us to leave...um NO PROBLEM! So we of course head straight to the front desk and tell them we want our money back. There is NO WAY we are staying in that room that we can't even get to right now with police activity directly above us. We are in no way feeling safe and the whole point was to get some sleep, which was not going to happen there. The manager refused to give us our money back because they were "just looking for someone" and it was "no big deal". Yeah, I don't think so. So once we could get back in our room, we promptly grabbed our things and left. Fortunately, the hotel on the show grounds had a room available and was clean and SAFE.

I know, Mona, thank you! I thought I'd throw it out there just in case ;)

Latest posts

Back