Tell me about clippers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

Kelly

Reaction score
Oh what a bummer! Sorry to hear you don’t like them.

I think these large animal clippers probably vibrate pretty good and I’m thinking they will be pretty loud. I’ll probably have to take Tylenol for my back/neck after I use them, but I already have to do that anyways 🤪 I’ve read some reviews and people have sheared sheep with them so they have to be good right? ….and should hold up to mini fur?? 😝😝

Maybe everyone needs to start taking videos of clipping their mini and how their clippers work on their mini so then everyone else could see the difference in clippers? A true review of all the clippers packed into one thread 😁 …. That would be so AWESOME! Anyone up for that challenge? Anyone?

It would be so amazing to find a set of clippers that I can just clip one entire horse with and i don’t have to stop to let blades cool or add cooling junk to. That would be AMAZING! It really is the small things in life 💕💕

Edelweiss

Reaction score
I have the Andis 5 speed clippers and love them! They don't have any trouble with my Shetlands coats wet or dry. On the minis with really thick coats, they can't clip them very quickly when they are wet, but there is no problem when they are dry. They don't heat up or vibrate and are also fairly quiet. I use the ceramic edge blades which don't heat up as fast, but clipping outside in the summer, I do have to spray them with Cool Lube once or twice. I like to keep the blades nice and cool for their head and legs.

LostandFound

Reaction score
Really? You only need to spray once or twice? My blade is too hot to touch after half a leg. And I put them on a lower speed. Maybe mine are defective. I didn't notice a difference between the ceramic blade and the regular ones.
I wouldn't take shearing sheep as a plus or minus...totally different, and really, some people clip their sheep with hand shears, so imagine clipping your horse with scissors. There are probably enough people that if we got one with each type of clipper to review or film we could do it!

Edelweiss

Reaction score
Really? You only need to spray once or twice? My blade is too hot to touch after half a leg. And I put them on a lower speed.
Yes, I keep mine at about 3rd speed, sometimes bump up to 4th if the coat is a bit thicker. My horses are always freshly bathed and scrubbed so the blades are never cutting through dirt. It's been two years and my blades are just now ready to be sharpened.
When I had dairy goats, I had a Wahl cordless clipper that would not be anywhere close to powerful enough for a mini, but those non ceramic blades heated up much faster, so I have noticed a difference.

betwys1

Reaction score
Lister's heavy duty model is the "Fusion" at $472 Lister Fusion Clipper.

In contrast, this one is more to my taste at $142...

Latest posts