teen obesity

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are in now way (nope sorry, not a chance) fat. I like Mike hit this right on and is very correct (..and funny
default_risa_suelos.gif
).

I am no one to give fitness advice, but maybe a few crunches would give you some abs and flatten out your tummy? I would kill to be that skinny, i think its important that you be happy
default_smile.png

One of these days i think i will start excercising. I try to put off the cleaning stalls, roundpenning horses, clipping ext as actual excercising (*sigh*, sadly its not) ..and oh clipping deffently burns some calories (atleast for me anyhow lol) but one of these days i am actually going to have to try to get in shape, or close to it and loose a few pounds.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG............
default_biggrin.png
..........Strass...........
default_biggrin.png

You educate me weekly on life via the forum....last week it was a comment on Erica's bouncing assets
default_new_shocked.gif
and this week it's well......a bit of everything but ........breeding hips seems to stick in my mind.
default_biggrin.png

After seeing your 1999 picture....I can only assume THAT'S the same facial expression you give all the judges in the ring????
default_biggrin.png

hi guys,

thanks for saying im not fat, i may not be like FAT FAT but im still very uncomfortable with my stomch, oh yea im 17, also iam going to be starting physiotherpy(sp) and they said it would help tighten up my trunk? anyway any ideas on what sorta foods( im also aniemic so i gota eat foods that have lots of iron) and like what sorta of yoga ect should i do?

I actually think your tummy has a nice shape to it :DOH! My tummy is very soft and there is a roll that sits right over my belly button, even when I am standing! Don't be so hard on yourself! We all think we look way worse than we actually do. When I look back at old pictures of myself I just can't believe that I actually thought I was fat at the time
default_no.gif
Be happy with what you've got and keep your chin up. A bad self image doesn't get you anywhere. And depression only makes you eat more and move less.

I know for me, my tummy shrinks by just cutting out the sugar. That is a very hard thing for me to do but when I have actually done it, my tummy flattens out. But it will never get that nice shape unless you work out and tone it. It won't happen over night but with time and dedication it will happen! I think I should take my own advice now lol
default_biggrin.png

I'd suggest to start running. It tightens everything. Plus--cut the carbs--eat more protein.

Run. Cut the junk food. Just do it.
default_smile.png

Oh Strass.... I always LOVE your posts!!! And you are so wise... I agree with everything you said here!

Personally... I like to be "healthy" but I do like to enjoy life a little bit more than I should...

default_smile.png

Andrea

First you are not fat!! I can understand where you are coming from, I am the same height and in high school I had the same belly thing!! I did sit ups!! I did alot on the edge of our pool, my feet were out and my body was in!! It is amazing what sit ups do for your stomach!! Skip pop, that is the biggestproblem I had was all the coca cola I drank!! I still have that problem and I just quit and I drink water and ice tea for the caffeine, so I do not get headaches!!

Please do not think you are fat, you are curvy and beautiful!! Be proud of who you are!!

Good luck and keep your head up!!
default_yes.gif

High Iron foods? I believe dark green veggies have high iron contents like broccoli, brussel sprouts, kale, green leaf lettuce. Just be warned, they are high gas foods, too. Except maybe the lettuce. When it comes to eating fruits and veggies, I'm told you should try to eat all of the colors of the rainbow.

Along with all this -- be sure you are getting enough sleep.

Yeah, I know, sounds off the topic but, it isn't.

Remember, women always have more padding on hips/tummy than our male counterparts! Unfair!

I'd suggest some exercises for the trunk area of your body....it will tighten things up. Watch the amount of sugar and fat you consume (as others have already mentioned). It's just a little tweaking to your current routine that you need, that's all
default_wink.png

I am a teen as well, and understand were you are coming from. I am in the "fuffy"(LOVE that) department. I excercise, but not alot. I have to bump it up now because of lifting cherries, I strained my back, and probably 20 more minutes, would have slipted it.(There is a point to this, stick with me)

ANYWAYS, my family has a history of poor backs, and my mom has been so since her mid twentys. She has been told and is living proof that strong core muscles is good support for your back, especially the abdomen. She swims, the best excercise you can do for an over all work out she believes (She swims lengths as well, not just around the pool for fun).

Maybe you could start swimming, my mom noticed a difference after she started swimming in all of her muscles; she swims 3 times a week for about 1 1/2 miles. I intend to start swimming in 2 weeks once I know the possiblity of bringing back the injury is gone.

And as everyone said, you are not fat!!!!!!!!!!!! I saw the photos and couldn't believe you thought you were fat, you are very pretty. The first thing I said is "I wish my tunder thighs were that small!!"
default_biggrin.png

Latest posts

Back