Teddy learning to stand up handsome

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Knottymare

Reaction score
This is Teddy, aka Flying G Bonsai's Remembrance, learning to stand up pretty, er, handsome
default_yes.gif

Not a great picture... his attention span is short and we'd already tried a few times. My photographer was having a difficult time with my camera in my phone. But the picture cracked me up so I had to share. What a doll baby.

579830_4641329548464_39491315_n.jpg

Soooooo cute! How old is he?

Karen
He will be a big bad 5 months old on Friday! He's so smart; already learning to come when he's called by name, put his head into his halter, going on walks all the way out to the road and back even with chain saws and road equipment going, lets me put stuff on his head, around his legs, picks up all 4 feet when I say "foot", loves to be groomed, lets me place his feet and is learning to hold his position, learning to walk when I say walk and whoa when I say whoa and tonight conquered his fear of getting on the deck all by himself. It took about 45 minutes but he finally got on the wooden deck and glued himself to me. Then, after we did our walk, he went back onto the deck with a bit of coaxing. It's a big step up and it's a clunky sounding deck. He's a brave boy. My little Ted. I love him so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
aw what a cute little puddin. How DO you teach them to stand up?
I'm using a clicker when his foot is in the right spot. Click, treat. Next foot. it's a process but they learn quickly. He's also learning to walk when I say walk and then whoa means stand still till I say walk or release him with "OK" You start small and build up to longer. I never yank on his face or get upset if he moves. Just reset him and reward for good behavior. He's too young for discipline and that really should be reserved for dangerous behavior, not moving when I want him to stand still ;)

His best activity is giving kisses and hugs.

He is adorable! Love him
default_smile.png
Thank you. I feel VERY lucky to have him. He has an incredible personalilty. He is the horse companion I have always dreamed of raising from a baby.

Do you have more photos? Would LOVE to see more hehe
default_smile.png

Ask and you shall receive... I take a lot of bad pictures LOL Here he is with Dolly having a snack

264289_4625231106013_1006937234_n.jpg

Checking out his clean bed with the chicken inspectors watching

388861_4606312033048_146362988_n.jpg

first time being tied

550946_4602659181729_394379925_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back