Team/Pairs Driving

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Devon

Reaction score
I was wondering about a team harness??I know this sounds really well dumb but i have no clue aboutt he team driving world!!

1)Can they seperate into 2 single harness??

2)can you have to single and buy certain parts to join into a team?fs o what are the part names??

3)do the doublt team cart have a shaft in the middle of the two horses??

thanks!

Hi

I was recently introduced to team driving (it is a BLAST) and the team was using two-single harness's, along with a team pole (between the horses.) These were not miniatures (actually drafts) but I was told that they are "all the same", as far as the hitching is concerned
smile.gif

Rose & Moriah's Dad

Reins are set up differently and usually pairs do not use breeching. Team reins are set up very differently
smile.gif

so if i have 2 singles right now and i want to show and stuff what do i need to change or buy??

Thanks he'll be my mini soon in 3 weeks to be exact i love himt o death anyways....I was hopign i could use to singles lol oh my a double team harness is a small fortune!!!Also anyone who has any even used harnesses in good condition could pm i think if i can get my boy driving i may purchse my own but i am really tight on money especially since ill be paying for vet bills exc. now not lease!!

You can use two singles. The only thing you will need to buy is a set of either Dutch Collars or Hame type collars to hold the team pole up. A set of team lines is a MUST. The lines are set so that the buckle in the middle (the lines look like a "V") faces the outside. The longer side of each line crosses and buckles to the team mates bit, so that when you are sitting up in the wagon the lines are "X"'d in front of you..that way when you steer left the one line will steer BOTH horses left. But I work all the teams in single type harness with Dutch Collars..show harness is traditional draft type team harness with Hame type collars. So no you really don't need to buy another set of harness, just a pair of collars and team lines.

Kim

Latest posts

Back