Team harness, work collars with hames or breastcollars? What is best for minis???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry I don't mean to change topic in this post but I do have a question.

For light harness classes like in AMHA and AMHR or even the pleasure driving classes for ADS events, can you use euro collars? I really like my euro collars but you don't see people use them at the breed shows, I personally have not attended in any ADS events but I am hoping to go to a driving trial for the first time. Also at the ADS events will you get knocked down if you have a team breast collar or euro collar for a single horse?

Thank you bsharpranch!

Kendra! Wow wow wow!!! That is so amazing that 8 up! I have always wanted a 4 up....maybe one day : ) love it, beautiful photos!!!

Thank you Paula!!! They are my sweet babies, and do great together. Love your horses and you harnesses too!! Very pretty! I also like the beta and bio harnesses. Yes they are very easy cleaning : ) I can't wait to get my team harness, think I will go with the work collars.

Diamond c you little guys are so cute!!! : )

It's my Grandad that drives the 8 horse hitch. He grew up driving big hitches on threshing crews, and learned from his dad, who was an accomplished teamster, driving hitches of many horses pulling a grader to build roads and bridges.

I got my breast collar from a local harness maker - it's made of leather. I've used it in the breed ring, at AMHA shows. I had a few exhibitors stare and point, but no comments from the judges. ;)

Thank you all for all your comments and pics!!! Love it all!

I think I will go with a work neck collar team harness.

If anyone else would like to add anything you are more then welcome! I will update when I order my harness!

Oh and sorry JMS miniature. I have no clue about harnesses and showing. I hope you get an answer form someone who does : )

I'm sorry I don't mean to change topic in this post but I do have a question.

For light harness classes like in AMHA and AMHR or even the pleasure driving classes for ADS events, can you use euro collars? I really like my euro collars but you don't see people use them at the breed shows, I personally have not attended in any ADS events but I am hoping to go to a driving trial for the first time. Also at the ADS events will you get knocked down if you have a team breast collar or euro collar for a single horse?

For AMHA and AMHR, you could ask. I don't know since I haven't shown yet. For the ADS events - you shouldn't. I know that here in NC, Southern Pines in Moore County - the driving club hosts many big time driving events as well as smaller ones. I've never seen one "marked down" for using a team breast collar (the woman I sold my ponies to, used one on the rare occasions she showed a single) or a euro collar. BUT again, you can ask the "secretary" of the event ahead of time?

Latest posts

Back