team driving

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funnyfarmnorth

Reaction score
I was wondering if any one knows where I can buy a conversion kit for make two single harnesses in to a team harness(breast plate style)? Does any one have a picture of a team breast plate style harness from the front. I know how collar harnesses are used but not sure about breast plate style. Thanks.

Any good harness maker can help you with that. drivingpairs.com has good info on pairs.

Myrna

I was wondering if any one knows where I can buy a conversion kit for make two single harnesses in to a team harness(breast plate style)? Does any one have a picture of a team breast plate style harness from the front. I know how collar harnesses are used but not sure about breast plate style. Thanks.
There are conversion kits at the bottom of this link page: http://www.ccfdriving.com/harnesses.htm

Caribbean Dreams Miniatures also has the kits and most harness makers can order one if you ask. I'm not fond of converting fine harnesses for pair use as they aren't the best for comfort for the animals but it can work if you're careful and only pulling for short distances like in the showring.

I don't have a picture I could post as I don't use that setup on my own horses but generally what you'll be adding to your harness is a yoke strap which goes from the withers or saddle area through a ring on the breastcollar which is hooked to the pole of the vehicle by a pole strap. You'll also get a false martingale which attaches to the girth to keep the ring and collar from being pulled forward off the horses' chests and some sort of breeching arrangment which attaches directly to the collar or girth to transfer the weight of stopping to the hindquarters.

Leia

Back