Team Driving Clinic May 1, 2010 at MAMHC Meeting

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connie Ballard

Reaction score
Mid-America Miniature Horse Club (MAMHC) will be hosting their May meeting on Saturday, May 1, 2010

Mid-America Miniature Horse Club Website

Starts at Noon with a potluck carry-in lunch (club is providing barbeque sandwiches)

Short meeting at 1:00 p.m.

Clinic starts 1:30 p.m.

Location: Cherokee Stables, 12221 Eagle Road, New Lebanon, OH 45345 937-687-3745, Tim & Connie Ballard

Ray & Martha Ross, Ross Family Miniatures have been showing, driving miniature horses over 30 years.

They hold multiple national titles in driving and team driving.

Ross Family Miniatures, Rootstown, OH

sixhorse.jpg

Ray will show us how to start a pair of driving horses from the beginning. Phoebe Kerby of Rocking K Stables, Hamilton, OH will be bringing two of her geldings that have been shown in country pleasure driving only....they have no experience in team

driving. Ray will explain how to select horses that will work as a team, exactly how to start them, showing us step-by-step, explain how to handle the different training steps to help us be able to start our own teams and enjoy the fun of driving multiple horses at one time!

Join us for a fun day of horsemanship, good food and friends. Free clinic, please RSVP to Connie Ballard

Connie Ballard

We have an indoor arena, so even if it rains, we can still enjoy a great clinic. PLEASE BRING LAWN CHAIRS...AND A COVERED DISH TO SHARE TOO!
default_saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for letting us know! I don't have my work schedule yet for that weekend, but I'm hoping!!! Would love to see everyone and the food is always great!!

Now THAT is something that I would love to attend...I wish I had that day open.

I would enjoy learning about team driving and would love to hear Ray teach.

I had the pleasure of getting to know Ray and Martha a bit at the AMHA Annual Mtg in Feb.

Such a wise man with so much knowledge!!!

As I told him.... driving a large team... or riding beside him is on my "bucket list"........ someday!

Ray and Martha are great people, and put on a great show! Have fun at the clinic!!

I wish I could come! Pair or team, (a pair is called a "team" in draft driving but "team" means a four-in-hand in carriage driving), either way it sounds like so much fun! Someone take good notes!

Leia

Connie:

Is there any way that someone could videotape the clinic? I would absolutely love to come to the clinic but have to administer the SAT that day and Gary has an OBMHC meeting here in Florida. We are starting a matched pair of silver dapple geldings right now to drive and plan to drive them as a pair. This is exactly what we need but we just can't be there.

Ruth

Hi Ruth....bummer that you guys are busy that weekend. It'd be a hike to come up for the clinic from Florida...but we'd love to have you!!!! Tim said we'd try to do a video..(it isnt one of our strong points....GULP...lol) but we'll give it a whirl..
default_smile.png

Julie you are right...Ray and Martha are just wonderful people...so nice to be around. We are really looking forward to getting to visit and learn from them.

IIIIIIIIIII...............WANNNNNNNNNA............COMMMMMMMMMME!

But I'll be with Ashley Harris in Maine..........I'd BUY (with real money) a video of Dr. Ross and his LOVELY wife Martha teaching this clinic!

Libby and I will be there! Paul will too if their mares cooperate but if not, she and I will come.

Hmmmm, now I have to figure out what food to bring, something I can safely have and darn it, Connie said no protein drinks.

So, maybe veggies and hummus, better try making a batch this weekend to make sure it is good.

Jody you can bring your protein drink....for you...but I'd love the hummus..YUMMY!! I got started on that stuff at Libbys, making my own now, love it!

We're going to try to do the video, need a patient person to run it..I cant sit still that long. LOL

The weatherman says a chance of rain Saturday...but wont be a problem. The clinic will be in our indoor arena so we'll be in good shape.

If anyone needs directions, email me at [email protected] and I will send you great directions.

Everyone is welcome! You dont have to be a MAMHC member to come enjoy the clinic.

Back