TC Lite vs Nutrena Litebalance

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dawnsminis

Reaction score
Has anyone tried both of these? If so, which one do you like better? I want to try it for my guys, but undecided which one. Any comments?

I've only tried the TC Lite and LOVE it . It's a fixed formula and low in carbs , easy to get . I feed it to everyone here , and those that need extra fat in their diet get the TC conditioning chaff.

I have not tried the Nutrena, but am liking the TC Lite more all the time, after feeding it for about a year now. The 'air ferns' get only Lite, plus some BOSS; the other non-seniors(seniors get TC Senior), get Lite with some TC Complete, BOSS, and some get a bit of corn oil, also. All also get hay; the seniors and others that need it get grass AND alfalfa twice daily, all get grass twice daily, and others get some alfalfa in addition, once daily.All are looking good and in good flesh.

Margo

I tried the Lite but the horses and the alfalfa didn't get along so I went with the Low Starch, same stuff but no alfalfa and it has beet in it!

I have used both for my "kids"...we have about 30 of them and I prefer the Nutrena Lite Balance....if I feel I have one that needs a little extra I just mix it with SafeChoice. I tried several of TC's products and I really like the fixed formula...but just had too much trouble adjusting who got how much....mine all seemed to get a bit too chunky on the TC. (Not that there are any that are too thin right now)

Becky

For those that feed the TC Lite what else are you feeding?

I tried it with grass hay no pasture and both minis were in good weight the best they've ever been, but I had hollow necks and backbones that stuck up.

For those that feed the TC Lite what else are you feeding?

I tried it with grass hay no pasture and both minis were in good weight the best they've ever been, but I had hollow necks and backbones that stuck up.
TC Conditioning Chaff , orchard grass hay am and pm and turned out during the day but we have little to no grass.

Thnaks for the replies. I think i'll probably go with the TC Lite. I was leaning towards that one anyway. I'm sure the Litebalance is a good product too.

More comments please...

I feed TC Lite to my stallion, open mares, and mares in the first few months of pregancy and anything else over 2 years old. I feed with it grass hay, pasture time, flax seed, and some added beet pulp or alfalfa pellets depending on the individual. I've been very happy with it, my hard keepers do not do well on it, but those "fluffy" ones who get fat looking at feed do very well. I've been feeding it for a year now.

The other TC I use is the TC 30% Supplement for the mares in the last 3 months of pregnancy, lactating mares, growing young ones, and hard keepers. I've been very happy with this one as well, love it! Again they get grass hay and some pasture time, flax seed and some alfalfa pellets and/or beet pulp if need a little extra.

Back