tattoos

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got my first tattoo at 18, I am now working on 28 and still dont regret any of them. Theres other things I regret more than I ever would one of my tats.

Jill's post made me recall...I 're-connected' with my wonderful first college roommate(of Japanese, Hawaiian, Irish, and English extraction, truly typical of the melting pot that is Hawai'i!), whom I shared a dorm room with at the U.of Hawai'i, O'ahu, in my freshman year(the same year Hawai'i got statehood...what a celebration THAT was!!)

Anyway...I found her via the internet, turned out that last August, she and her daughter were going to come to a NM town only about 2 1/2 hrs. away to 'deliver' her grandson who was to attend the military institute there for a couple of years! I got my daughter to come to take care of things here, drove down to see them. BOTH of them had had their eyebrows AND eyeliner permanently tattooed on!! It was a good job, but did appear just a tad too harsh and 'sharp-edged' to my eye. However, they both stated they were thrilled with having had it done!

Margo
After I posted last night, I Googled and I can't actually say I won't get the eyeliner thing done after all... and eyebrows? Maybe. I'm thinking about it. I look so washed out without eye makeup, so never ever go out in public without it on. The reason I hesitate is I'm concerned about how much it would hurt. That's the only hold back other than I'd want to get a clean situation and someone who is really good at that specific job. H is probably going to be quite unimpressed with a now pending discussion topic!

After I posted last night, I Googled and I can't actually say I won't get the eyeliner thing done after all... and eyebrows? Maybe. I'm thinking about it. I look so washed out without eye makeup, so never ever go out in public without it on. The reason I hesitate is I'm concerned about how much it would hurt. That's the only hold back other than I'd want to get a clean situation and someone who is really good at that specific job. H is probably going to be quite unimpressed with a now pending discussion topic!

default_saludando.gif
my friend got her eye liner done and eye brows done and she hates needles but thay put numbing cream on ..and the tattoos didnt last very long

Thank you for that information! I didn't realize they use number Bing cream. I really think I may get this done!

Jill, I know a lady who had the eyeliner done. It doesn't look right (maybe they didn't do it right), it looks good as long as she has added to it with a pencil, but without the pencil addition it looks too far away from the eyeball (kinda hard to explain). You know how with a pencil you can get real close up to the lashes and it blends with your lashes? I don't know if they can get real close to your lash or not, but hers is definately not close...so between the liner and the lash there is a fair amount of flesh exposed. Didn't Michael Jackson have the liner?

I worked with several Asian women that also had the tattooing done of their eyeliner and eyebrows. Some had only one or the other, some had both, but all looked so nice and suited them, so whoever did theirs, in my opinion, did a wonderful job!
default_yes.gif

My grandmother, 2 aunts and a cousin all have permanent eye liner and lipstick. The tattooist who did theirs did it at a dentists office. One day a week this tattooist "rented" a chair there and made her appointments then. She also had the dentist there to give "numbing" shots around the eyes. (Think like botox shots) so they never felt anything and the tattooist said she like doing it that way because the person didn't flinch or move much when all was numb. All of them look great now. I think its been like 8-10 years since they had it done. Looks completely natural.

My butterfly was my 1st tattoo..I got it after I came out as a lesbian...The colors are all the colors in the rainbow and a butterfly means "new life".

My double female symbols with the flowers was my 3rd tattoo and it again expressed my being a proud and out lesbian and the flowers were for "re-birth".
Here's what I don't get.... I am a heterosexual and I have never felt the need to tattoo myself with any kind of symbol proclaiming it. I guess maybe you just felt good that you were finally able to come out and needed a way to permanently celebrate it? Is that it?

And don't even begin to say I'm anti-gay! LOL! As coincidence has it, I'm leaving on Monday to go to my place in Florida but am stopping in Augusta, GA, to spend a few days with my two dear lesbian friends. They've been together for 30 years!

I'm 61 and when I was a teen NO females got tattoos. Not unless you were really trashy. LOL. But times and social mores and customs changed, and by the time I had my own daughter she wanted a tattoo when she was in high school but I said no. I told her that when she was out of college she could get as many as she wanted, but I wasn't spending money on a possible case of hepatitis because of bad needles. And that's what she did. She's got maybe three of them. I kind of thought I wouldn't mind getting one, too, but then I realized that I could express my self just as well through my flower gardens or watercolors.

I don't really mind them on other people. I really don't find it all that much different than piercing one's ears. Except with pierced ears you can change your earrings every day, and it's a little harder to do that with tattoos!

I have attached pictures of my two. The cross was my first (4-10-11) and the tree that says LIFE in the branches was my second (10-21-11). I am going for my third this weekend hopefully, along with adding some color around the word life. Possibly adding birds.

If you have a question about the meaning of my tree, feel free to PM me as I do not need to share the whole story on here ;)

On the subject of being christian and having tattoos, I think its an individual faith thing. A lot of people screamed at me about "marking my body against God" at my church but hello, its my body and my decisions
default_smile.png
I know God and I are close enough for it not to affect my relationship with him. I love my tattoos and have no regrets at all!

TREE.jpg

cross.jpg

Latest posts

Back