Tallest Foal Born?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dgrminis

Reaction score
I am curious as to what the tallest miniature foal any of you have had born at your farm.. I would like height at birth, weaning and at 3 or older if possible. I have a tall filly this year -- she is by far the biggest foal I have ever had born here and I am thinking she is going to exceed 38" if she continues to grow at the rate she has been so just getting an idea of what other people have seen..

Thanks!

I've had two born at 27"

One was 36.5" at maturity

Another looks like he's going to end up 37.5"

I've kept a track over the years of certain bloodlines and know that the mare was from a sire that threw big foals and the colt's dad threw bigger colts that all finished growing within 18mths.

So it can really help if you can get some info on your bloodlines. i know the stress feeling of "will they go over"!

Thank you. I will need to look at the dams papers and see if I can find out more on the sires background. I dont own him - I bought the mare bred. But I am thinking the dam is mostly Kokomos bred.

Latest posts

Back